• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Changes to ME agenda site

Luke

ooph
Breaking lurkerhood to say YEEEhaaaaa! That's brilliant news Suzy, we need you and your sharp mind, if you had a donate button I'd buy you a case of Dandelion and Burdock.:victory:

K

_Kim_

Suzy, thanks for your transparency - which is clearly lacking among other UK advocacy groups.

Luke brought up a good point. Why don't I see a donate button on your website?

Now, for those of us on this side of the pond, what is this dandelion and burdock?

Dx Revision Watch

Suzy Chapman Owner of Dx Revision Watch
Judging by the size of the bottles in the photo, I would think my cousin and I were swigging Tizer, not D & B.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dandelion_and_burdock

Dandelion and Burdock is a traditional British fermented beverage. I'm told that as late as the 60s it was still being hawked by horse and cart, in stone flagons, in some parts of the UK.

That was probably the real deal.

But the dark brown, carbonated stuff we used to knock back was commercially produced and probably contained no natural dandelion or burdock root.

It's an odd flavour to describe - tannin, cola, citrus, dry, catches the back of the throat; a hint of "Liqufruta" cough medicine or that resinous quality you find in some Merlots. But I've only ever tasted the commercial stuff.

It has enjoyed something of a revival in the UK over the past few years.

Wikipedia says "Dandelion and burdock shares a historical origin with a number of drinks originally made from lightly fermented root extracts, such as root beer and sarsaparilla."

I have no idea what sarsaparilla tastes like.

Re: Donation buttons

Whilst I respect the decisions of others to add Donation Buttons, my site Disclaimers carry the following:

"This site has no affiliations with any commercial or not-for-profit organisation. The site operates independently of any patient or advocacy organisation or group. This site does not accept advertising, sponsorship, funding or donations and has no commercial links with any organisation, institution, corporation, company or individual."

The sites cost me nothing to run and it isn't something I would consider.

Suzy

K

Katie

Your a good egg Suzy, anything we can do to help you just need to ask. :D

Dx Revision Watch

Suzy Chapman Owner of Dx Revision Watch
Thank you, Luke.

Julius - you're out of luck, I'd add a great big button for you but WordPress has gone down tonight. I can't get any WordPress sites up.

You're going to have to wait until tomorrow.

julius

Watchoo lookin' at?
Thank you, Luke.

Julius - you're out of luck, I'd add a great big button for you but WordPress has gone down tonight. I can't get any WordPress sites up.

You're going to have to wait until tomorrow.

Damn...wanted to go buy some D&B. Guess I'll have to wait.