• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

cfs and impaired sulphur metabolism

Thanks dannybex. Oh that is so annoying that the other test has been discontinued as it also measure P450 cyp2d6 and other detoxification enzymes which I know mine are affected. Do you know of any other tests that also include P450 enzymes.

Does the new test also measure sulphur metabolism, I had a look but it wasn;t clear to me whether it did or not.

How much is that test?

The test you posted looks good and through but the other test was looking at areas I was particularly interested in as affecting me

Hi Dannybex I noticed you are in the US and the lab in the US does not offer the test but it is still up on Europe site so I have written to them. It does say you can only order through a practitioner and I Have a horrid feeling it is very expensive. I have asked .

here is the link where it says still available, unless it is just up as they have not taken it down, I've written tothem about ordering but won't get a reply till Monday

http://www.gdx.uk.net/index.php?option=com_gpanel&Itemid=2&task=view&nav=test&id=94

Thanks dannybex. Oh that is so annoying that the other test has been discontinued as it also measure P450 cyp2d6 and other detoxification enzymes which I know mine are affected. Do you know of any other tests that also include P450 enzymes.

Does the new test also measure sulphur metabolism, I had a look but it wasn;t clear to me whether it did or not.

How much is that test?

The test you posted looks good and through but the other test was looking at areas I was particularly interested in as affecting me

Doctors Data and Metametrix has a detox panel. There are challenge panels where you take tylenol and other stuff and also a non challenge panel that checks for markers in the urine.

Genova offers Detoxigenomics (under their Genovations tests) that is a genetics test that checks for mutations in specific P450 enzymes and phase II enzymes such as GSTP1 and SOD1,2, etc. MTHFR panel add on is extra for $90 i think, separate is $135. This test is a genetics test and is not widespread nor is it covered by insurance. Right now there is a bit of a pharma war on genetics as they haven't figured out a way to make money on it so they are putting a stop to genetic testing by consumers and claiming it is "protecting the public from misinformation". What garbage.

If anyone is interested, there is also 23andme.com which has a wider and bigger database of 550,000 SNPs that you have available to you. They have about 75-80% of the SNPs covered in the Detoxigenomics and the entire price is arund $425 or so making it "better" pricewise. But it takes a bit of a hard scientist and work to find the right RS and SNP Ids and such. And you dont get any medical info so id go with Genova.

So much good information in this thread! I would love to hear how everyone is doing now (almost 5 years since this conversation occurred). I am dealing with sulfur intolerance and still spinning my wheels about how to actually fix it. For more information on my story, please visit my blog.

dannybex

I don't know if sulfur foods, etc., are good or bad for me. I do know that more doctors are disagreeing w/Yasko's original claims that one needs to avoid sulfur foods, and I guess Wahls is just the latest. But Dr. Ben Lynch also says we need sulfur. More info can be found on his website via google. :)

picante

Just found this thread today, and it has been a gold mine for me.

Does anyone know what happened to leaves? I see no posts after November 2011.