• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFRSC+OMF 2nd Community Symposium registration!

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Hi guys,

Exciting and important info for registration (and livestream) of the 2nd CFSRC+OMF Community Symposium :)

OMF%20GTC%20CFSRC.png

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Research Center at Stanford University
Second Annual Community Symposium on the Molecular Basis of ME/CFS

Sponsored by Open Medicine Foundation

Saturday, September 29, 2018
Come hear from our amazing team in person!
A unique opportunity to learn from and interact with these world-class scientists.

Visit Community Symposium for event details.

This exciting symposium will follow our collaborative team meeting of world-renowned scientists.

This year our collaborative team meeting will be expanded to three days. The first two days will allow for in-depth scientific discussion of recent ME/CFS research results. On the third day we will establish collaborations and discuss the most effective path forward to
expedite ME/CFS research.

At the Community Symposium, the scientists will update patients and any interested members of the public on our progress towards understanding the molecular basis of ME/CFS and our plans for the future.

Only together can we solve this incredibly complex and horrific disease.
Please register as soon as possible! Space is limited. Registration closes September 15, 2018.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Linda%20Ron%20Signature.jpg

Register Here.

Event Details:
Where:
PAUL BREST HALL
Stanford University
555 Salvatierra Way
Palo Alto, CA

Schedule:
Symposium: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Reception to follow closing program
(The conference will be livestreamed for those unable to attend. Livestream registration will be available soon.)

Thanks,

B

@Janet Dafoe (Rose49) @AshleyHalcyoneH @marilynbsg

Ben H

OMF Volunteer Correspondent
Sorry if it sounds rude. One year back I had high hopes on OMF. But now ....:bang-head:

Would you care to elaborate in any way possible? I don’t understand to be frank.

A 2nd Symposium from a team relying solely (apart from the recent NIH for T Cell research grant) on donations with such a team of amazing scientists is a rather amazing achievement in itself, let alone the continuing wide breadth of research that is taking place due to people’s continuing donations.

Thanks,

B

dreampop

Last year was the highlight of the ME/CFS part of my life. Gonna be hard to top that guest list, though! I'm hopeful we'll get deeper insights this year.

I still have high hopes for the OMF, but I've been sick a long time and am realistic about how these things take, sadly, a lot of time.

valentinelynx

I hope I can attend again. Last year's truly gave me hope for the first time in a long time. The progress these folks have made in 2 years is astonishing, compared to the past decades of researchers playing, "blind men and the elephent"!

Murph

:)
No norwegians? That's a shame. I want an update!!

No sign of their papers being published yet sadly. They suggested the cyclo paper would come out in the first half of this year, (I began eagerly expecting it around 10 months ago!) I really hope the Rituximab result hasn't taken the wind out of their sails.

Belbyr

Do you think the researchers from Columbia University could make it or be invited if they haven't been? It seems they have put out some good info recently...