• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CellTrend and LDN

nsdn

Hi.

I just want to know if I should stop taking LDN before doing the CellTrend antibody test.

I plan to do the extraction in 3 weeks.

Thank you.

@Gingergrrl @Hip

Hip

I don't know, but this article says LDN:
Other autoimmune patients who’ve taken LDN point to decreased autoantibodies — the cause of many autoimmune conditions — and an improvement in their pain.

So LDN might lower your autoantibodies levels.

nsdn

Thanks to both of you.

The point is that I live in a remote place and I can not meet the delivery deadlines. In 3 weeks yes because I will travel to another place. Today I did not take LDN anymore. I do not know if 3 weeks are enough...

In summer I left the LDN for 1 month for some tests and got worse clearly.

Gingergrrl

The point is that I live in a remote place and I can not meet the delivery deadlines.

Do you mean that you live somewhere that you would not be able to ship the blood sample to Cell Trend in Germany within 48-72 hours (or did you mean something different)?

nsdn

Recently, my new government internist, who does not know ME well, took an interest in me and commissioned me to study "fine fiber" in hand and foot (Sympathetic-cutaneous response) to investigate my dysautonomia. I do not really understand the utility. Also electroretinogram and study of the resting R-R interval and in deep hyperventilation. All this is new to me. Do you think it is useful?

Seeing her interest I think that if there is any remote option of being treated with immunoglobulins it will be with her help. I have little money and I can not afford any expensive treatment. I understand that it is convenient to do the analysis.

Last edited:

Malea

To look for „Small Fiber Neuropathy“ can be useful, yes. At least for getting better treatment options.

But usually the biopsies are taken above the right ankle and thigh - not at the hand.

I would think, too, that it is better to stop LDN for the test.

nsdn

Hi.

7 days after leaving the LDN I sleep late and I have some pain.

After CellTrend analysis, can I take it back in 4 mg or should I go little by little?

Do you think that the LDN influences the electrical tests of small fiber?

Thank you.

JES

I wouldn't go back on 4 mg immediately. Incrementing with 1.5 mg increases per week or something like that is what I did, but some people need to go even slower. If you have small fiber nerve damage, LDN won't influence that. Small fiber damage typically develops over months or years and also doesn't heal quickly.

nsdn

Do you think that taking Mestinon on the same day as the CELLTREND test influences the results?

Thank you.

Malea

I wouldn’t think so because mestinon works on the Cholinesterase enzymes and doesn‘t do anything at the receptors the Antibodies are binding to.
(But it’s just my vague idea of it.)

Gingergrrl

Do you think that taking Mestinon on the same day as the CELLTREND test influences the results? Thank you.

I would also think that it would be okay b/c if you take Mestinon daily, than whatever affect it has would already be happening and skipping one day should not change your autoantibody levels (in my non-sciency opinion ;)). Versus other meds do affects tests like the morning that I test thyroid levels, I do not take my thyroid med as an example.