• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CCI and ME: If you would like to be assessed for referral for CCI scan in the UK meet Dr Weir at my home in early August.

Countrygirl

You may be interested to know, given the new information on CCI and ME, that Dr Weir is very intrigued about the topic and said when he read Jeff's account that it gave him a 'light bulb' moment.

As you know, Dr Weir now holds clinics at my house (as is Dr Speight starting 6th and 7th July) and one of the patients at the clinic here last weekend, Dr Weir found, is a likely candidate for CCI and he has referred her to the one scanner in the UK that can investigate the possibility.

If you would like to get investigations in CCI in the UK you can contact Dr Weir. If you want to avoid London (and would like to be seen at half-cost) I do have some free space still at the August clinic at my house near Exeter.

PM me if you are interested to be investigated for CCI in the UK and would like to be referred to the scanner via Dr Weir by seeing him at my home in East Devon.

Countrygirl

I have four spaces left after some people are having to wait to improve from relapses before committing themselves, so have had to put them on a waiting list.

If you are interested please let me know.

splusholia

I have four spaces left after some people are having to wait to improve from relapses before committing themselves, so have had to put them on a waiting list.

If you are interested please let me know.

I’m interested! I live twenty minutes away from Exeter and I was about to pay nearly two thousand pounds for an MRI. I can’t seem to PM you; maybe because I’m new?

Countrygirl

I’m interested! I live twenty minutes away from Exeter and I was about to pay nearly two thousand pounds for an MRI. I can’t seem to PM you; maybe because I’m new?

Hello @Littleantlers

I am 20 minutes away from Exeter too. We aren't neighbours are we???

Dr Weir has referred one person from the last clinic to the only MRI that can check for CCI. However, I don't know if he, as a NHS consultant, semi-retired, has managed to do so on the NHS or not.

I have just PM'd you................but I found it was rejected. I think you have to have written more posts before you can use that facility.

I can book an appointment with him for you, if you wish.

Last edited:

Moof

I wish I were near enough, but it's a five-hour drive! No way I'd ever manage that. Never mind, good luck with the clinic. :)

Tella

If it’s a non-NHS referral, patients can self-refer to the London imaging centre...

Tella

Has Dr Weir successfully referred anyone for any treatment on the NHS?