• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Cavitations and root canals

Hi Hip - for the greater good let me bare all in public! Here is the jpg image of my scan from the KODAK 8000. The notes on the image are self explanatory. I presented with all range of pains in the back upper left of my mouth and face. The cavitation in the area where my back left upper wisdom tooth had been removed about 40 years prior is clear and was the cause. Other issues were seen, including a possible cavitation, subsequently confirmed beneath a root canal treated tooth bottom right. Amalgam at the far end of two root canals, front upper teeth were revealed and were very very worrying to the surgeon due to their proximity to the central nerve passing in that area. Overall I now have a 4 to 5 year plan now to remove amalgam fillings at the rate of 2 in a session, one session every year or so, replacing the amalgam/mercury with Cerec (eg http://www.sirona.com/en/products/digital-dentistry/new-products/ ). It is critical to only use bio-dentists who provide comprehensive protection for the patient (and themselves) for the ultra hazardous process of removing mercury fillings. Hope that provides some new insights.

Attachments

• 2015 07 09 -Errol Sonar Scan.jpg
    2015 07 09 -Errol Sonar Scan.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 101

Ian

You've got some fairly substantial infections in there. Probably actually worse than what I had.

Hip

Hi Hip - for the greater good let me bare all in public! Here is the jpg image of my scan from the KODAK 8000.

That's fantastic Errol. Thanks very much for posting that X-ray.

As you say, your jaw bone cavitation on the upper left side of your mouth, where your wisdom tooth used to be, looks relatively easy to spot on the X-ray; but your cavitation on the lower right is barely visible, so it is amazing that a maxillofacial surgeon can diagnose such hard to discern cavitations.

By the way, after your jaw bone cavitations were surgically cleaned out, how much improvement did you get in energy levels and mental clarity? As I understand it, your jaw bone cavitations were not causing chronic fatigue syndrome (myalgic encephalomyelitis) as they were in @Ian's case. ME/CFS involves greatly reduced energy and "brain fog" (which is very blurred and very unclear mental state). But you mentioned that:
but also feeling far more energised, clear headed, sharper

So I am just wondering how much improvements you obtained in terms of energy and mental clarity after your jaw bone cavitations were surgically cleaned out, and whether these improvements were sustained over time.

Hi Hip and Ian - thanks for your comments which assist to put things into some perspective for me. Hip asks: how much improvement did you get in energy levels and mental clarity?

Energy Levels - beyond description. I will sound so evangelical about the cure and results that it would detract from my credibility. Let me just say this. I had not realised that over the past 4 to 6 years that my energy levels had slipped progressively, I did realise and articulated about 6 months ago to my wife that it seemed that my days of working till midnight at my desk 1, 2 or 3 nights a week were over. I felt drowsy most days and could doze off at my desk at 9am or 4pm, no problem. Could not stay awake. I put it down to ageing. I had no idea what the real cause was. Notwithstanding the pain and swelling etc within 24 hours of the surgery I could feel the old me, the old drive and energy was back. Now, 6 weeks later, I have rolled back ten years plus (I'm now 58). I am comfortably back to my pre-50 year old output, needing only 5 to 6 hours sleep, waking up refreshed, energetic, focused.

Memory With short term memory it has has a significant impact. To such an extent that my wife said to me THIS morning - you are remembering everything that I ask you to do these days, with absolute astonishment in her tone - music to my ears!

Long may it all last!

JohnSilver

CFS Fighter
Following a similar thread on oral infections causing CFS, I brushed my teeth heavily with H2O2 3% solution from a local pharmacy retail store and baking soda.. To my amazement, I have noted much relief and return of my energy levels.. I am going to proceed to make a appointment with a local holistic dentist and get my root canal tooth extracted.. but for now I am dub-founded that reduction in gum bacteria has restored my energy levels significantly for last 3 days.. I am thrilled at this.. yay!

knackers323

Following a similar thread on oral infections causing CFS, I brushed my teeth heavily with H2O2 3% solution from a local pharmacy retail store and baking soda.. To my amazement, I have noted much relief and return of my energy levels.. I am going to proceed to make a appointment with a local holistic dentist and get my root canal tooth extracted.. but for now I am dub-founded that reduction in gum bacteria has restored my energy levels significantly for last 3 days.. I am thrilled at this.. yay!

Did this continue to work and did you 'activate' the h202 before using?

JohnSilver

CFS Fighter
Did this continue to work and did you 'activate' the h202 before using?

I am not sure what "activate h2o2" means, so I suppose the answer is no, I did not.
Some days I just brush with baking soda and no h2o2.. I am no longer using commercial toothpaste.. I did say I noticed a significant improvement in my energy levels .. I did not say or imply my CFS was healed purely from this one treatment..

I do have mostly good energy days now .. but it take a village .. a whole set of treatments to keep my energy up.. eating clean, taking super B complex, did FMT few months back to restore gut bacteria, urine therapy.. continue to eat clean & avoid common allergens..

knackers323

when people do the h202 treatment they say it needs to be activated with an acid or something along those lines.

i meant does the h202 brushing still give energy improvement or did it stop. a lot of treatments in cfs seem not to last for some reason

good to see the fmt is holding. again its another treatment that seems to only work for so long in many people

JohnSilver

CFS Fighter
when people do the h202 treatment they say it needs to be activated with an acid or something along those lines.

i meant does the h202 brushing still give energy improvement or did it stop. a lot of treatments in cfs seem not to last for some reason

good to see the fmt is holding. again its another treatment that seems to only work for so long in many people

I am not sure I can answer your question with 100% confidence. CFS is a problem with many heads including food allergies and other things our bodies are fighting to sustain itself. So the only way to test is to not use H2O2 for many weeks in a row, let gunk build up in my teeth, note the energy levels, and then brush again with H2O2 to see if H2O2 is helping maintain higher energy levels... While I have sometimes NOT brushed with h2o2 for a few days in a row when I am traveling and I have noted a slight (10%) improvement in energy when I got back home and brushed with h2o2.. it is hard to attribute small improvements to such a treatment. But based on the fresh clean feeling h2o2 provides and the past one time jump in energy, and no extra effort in maintaining this treatment daily, i will continue with it. I am not cured of CFS.. but i can seem to keep it at arms length and get through my day as a normal person if i be careful on what i eat, how i treat my body and not over extend my 5-10 minute workouts.

suevu

But why these infections don't clear in us while in most people do? There must be something else going on.

But why these infections don't clear in us while in most people do? There must be something else going on.
They can't "clear" spontaneously, cavitations are areas of osteonecrosis (dead bone). Many people are probably walking around with cavitations, but they will never know about it. Some smokers never get cancer, some dentists don't have any health issues eventhough they have been exposed to super high doses of mercury... same with root canals and cavitations. Our bodies are able to cope until a certain point, and some people are more sensitive to certain things. I have read some stories of people who couldn't get rid of Lyme, until they had cavitations surgery. Not surprising, the constant flow of cytokines leaves the body unable to deal with other infections. So this might be the root cause for many people with CFS.

Wayne

I have read some stories of people who couldn't get rid of Lyme, until they had cavitations surgery. Not surprising, the constant flow of cytokines leaves the body unable to deal with other infections. So this might be the root cause for many people with CFS.

By many indications, oral infections (and metals) of all kinds are likely responsible for far more illnesses than most people would ever suspect. By my estimation, the number of people affected is at least in the tens of millions.

I actually think a closer estimate would be that these things affect most people to one degree or another. It generally depends on how well a person's body can hold up until the total burden finally pushes it past its tipping point.