• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CAUTION: Vitamin B12 Sublinguals — The Citric Acid Additive Can Erode Tooth Enamel

Rockt

Hopefully Freddd will weigh in on the injectable B12 question as he does both and would know about dosages. I was thinking the same thing because I'm experiencing terrible pain but the B12 is helping a bit, so I don't want to stop.

I found this while searching:

"Even though natural toothpastes are a whole lot better than regular toothpaste, they are not the most ideal solution. Here's why:

Most brands of toothpaste (natural and otherwise) contain glycerin. The problem with having glycerin in your toothpaste is that it coats your teeth. The glycerin coating is a huge problem because it prevents calcium and other essential minerals from getting to your teeth.

Current research shows that your teeth can regenerate. If your teeth are coated with glycerin though, they won't be able to remineralize and regenerate. (See research by Dr. Gerard F. Judd, PhD).

Do you want your teeth to fully benefit from eating a nutrient dense diet? Then you need to make sure your teeth are completely clean and free from a glycerin coating on a daily basis."

And this company, ( http://www.uncleharrys.com/store/index.php/cPath/48_55 ) offers some natural remineralization products:

Remineralization Kit for Tooth Enamel (1 kit)
$16.00

When the enamel of our teeth begins to demineralize, we develop sensitivity to cold and heat, and eventually, cavities. Uncle Harry has developed an easy and safe way to correct the erosion of tooth enamel. The three products, Tooth Powder, Miracle Mouthwash, and Remineralization Liquid, used daily, can help to remineralize the enamel of your teeth. They will also stabilize cavities from further deterioration. Your teeth and gums will remain intact, in combination with a healthy diet and Uncle Harry's Mouth Care products.

Contains:

Uncle Harry's Natural Tooth Powder (2 oz)
Uncle Harry's Miracle Mouthwash (2 fl oz)
Remineralization Liquid (1 fl oz)
OR

Remineralization Powder - Peppermint (1 oz)
[10220]

Maintains an alkaline pH to stop demineralization and tooth decay. Take a pinch of two of the powder in your mouth. Very soon it promotes secretion of saliva. Flush the saliva and powder in your mouth for up to two minutes and spit out. It is not necessary to rinse. Use frequently.

Ingredients: Sea salt, calcium carbonate, tabashir, magnetic earth, alkalizer ionic minerals, purified ocean water, organic marshmallow root, organic peppermint, clove, and oregano essential oils.

YOU CAN USE FREQUENTLY

OR

Remineralization Liquid for Tooth Enamel (1 fl oz)
[10270]

Protects tooth enamel by maintaining alkaline pH and supplying calcium and phosphorus for remineralization.

Directions: Shake bottle before using. Put 10 drops in mouth, promotes the secretion of saliva. Swish with the alkaline saliva mixture for up to 5 minutes.

Ingredients: Alkalizer ionic mineral water, unrefined mined salt, eucalyptus, peppermint, oregano, clove, and wintergreen essential oils.

Anyone have experience with this Uncle Harry product?

dannybex

I've used some Uncle Harry's products in years past, actually even visited him in his warehouse (garage!) probably 4-5 years ago.

The product you mention might work for some, but if one is salicylate/phenol intolerant, then it won't be pretty. All those strong oils are extremely high in salicylates, which can overload, then inhibit sulfation, causing many symptoms...too long to list, but the most prominent for me anyway, is extreme anxiety and restlessness.

But for most, it might be just fine. Those strong oils definitely kill bacteria.

Freddd

Ukme just asked my question! I might be able to get hold of the methyl and hydroxy B12 injections via Dr Myhill.... just wondering if the dosages recommended by Rich and Fredd in the protocols would be directly translated into injectable amounts? Or do you need less because you are injecting?

I actually had the methyl B12 in injection form a while back from Dr Myhill when she had various restrictions on her practice... and before I had looked into this protocol. She suggested I injected 0.1ml per day... which is a tiny dose right?

Hi Harrycat,

How much b12 is in a given volume of solution depends upon the concentration. Dr Neubrander specifies 25mg/ml. My pharmacy and my own experience indicates that is not reliable with many batches of crystals and leave much b12 in the 0.2 micron filter. According to private communications with a number of people the range of solubility of mb12 aty room temperature is in the range of 15-100mg/ml. At concentrations of 20-25mg/ml I often have to warm the vial to about 100 degrees F to be able to draw the solution into a 31 gauge needle. B12 is prone to polynucleation which makes growing specimen crystals very difficult. At 20mg/ml 0.1ml equals 2mg of b12. This is approximately equivalent to 10mg of sublingual tablets held 45-120 minutes. Because of exposure to light much of the mb12 from pharmacies is degraded to hydroxb12 and useless for neurological healing. Further because of bacterial differences in mb12 produced there is as much variation amongst mb12 crystals as there is methylb12 sublinguals. I find injectable mb12 to be far less reliable than sublinguals unless one finds a good quality batch of crystal and mixes it in the dark or with a deep red darkroom safelight.

Adb12, where available for injection is shipped dry in the vials and sterile saline injected into the vial just before usage. With protection from light I found it lasted less than 10 days before breaking down to uselessness.

Rockt

I've had some minor improvement in the pain from rinsing with baking soda and water after the B12 has dissolved.

Hydroxy B12 from Bloem (Dutch brand) is bad for the teeth as well

Though this is an old thread, I just wanted to confirm that hydroxy B12 is making my teeth extremely sensitive as well. It does not contain sitric acid as far as I can see. I bought it because this was what was prescribed for me and now I am sorry that I bought such a large pack. I have sensitive teeth already and was already using the pro-enamel toothpaste. But then again it can't be good for your teeth to have an acidic enviroment for such a long time in your mouth and I am cutting the pills in two, and take one half for times a day for maximum absorbtion. It has now come to a point that I am having trouble to tolerate the feeling in my mouth.

I will try rinsing with sodium carbonate afterwards. Though my dentists always said to rinse with water after eating and minimise drinking anything else then water. By the way the latest theory I heard is that you shouldn't brush your teeth after having an acidic environment in the mouth. It's better to rinse with water and let it neutralize with saliva. Otherwise you brush the enamel right off. Later on when it's stabilized, it's ok to brush your teeth again.

Freddd

I consulted with a dentist on this matter. He pointed tout o me that my gums have receded slightly exposing an area of the tooth below the enamal. There are little tubules that go through to the pulp and lots of things can cause pain. Sensidyne stops that pain and has a remineralizing toothpaste.

arx

CAUTION: Oral B12 Methylcobalamin Can Erode Tooth Enamel?
I have been facing the same problem. I started taking Methyl B-12 sublinguals around one month back.I take around 2000mcg/day. After 10 days, I started experiencing pains in my premolar, molar teeth and gums. I wonder if B-12 was doing this, because I usually keep the sublingual between my upper gum & cheek. It is very disturbing, as my teeth ache when I eat and brush them. They have become very sensitive. It will be very good if we could come up with a cure for this problem, because I need the sublinguals daily.

Merry

Eight months in, after starting Rich's protocol in September, I no longer experience the tooth and gum pain that I had at first. I can't remember when the pain went away. After a couple of months? I have had recently, however, a recurrence of tongue soreness, but that didn't last long.

Good luck, arx.

arx

Eight months in, after starting Rich's protocol in September, I no longer experience the tooth and gum pain that I had at first. I can't remember when the pain went away. After a couple of months? I have had recently, however, a recurrence of tongue soreness, but that didn't last long.

Good luck, arx.

That sounds good. Thanks,Merry.

determined

I had the same experience as Merry. My teeth were very sore when I started (and my dose of mB12/methylfolate was close to homeopathic!), but it went away after a few weeks or so. It's been a year and a half since I started and I've never had any more trouble with it.

I consulted with a dentist on this matter. He pointed tout o me that my gums have receded slightly exposing an area of the tooth below the enamal. There are little tubules that go through to the pulp and lots of things can cause pain. Sensidyne stops that pain and has a remineralizing toothpaste.

Hi Fred,

I was already using the paste that you mentioned. I guess I was already more sensitive than usual. I started taking 2 tablets twice a day again instead of halves 4 times a day and I feel better. By the way. The lower lip is I think a better place to put it behind than the upper one, since if you use the upper one, the dissolve tablet slowly drips down the teeth possibly causing damage, whereas it stays more in contact with the tissue if you keep it behind the lower lip.

freshveggies

Mine did too. I was sensitive for about 5 days and then it quit. I was wondering if it was the sensydine, but probably not. Doesn't a B12 deficiency leads to sensitive teeth? So maybe we got the right amount of b12 in us.

arx

My sensitivity disappeared after 1 month in on Fred's protocol. After I stopped the protocol, the sensitivity has again returned, accompanied by very annoying gum itching. Anyone experienced these issues after STOPPING the protocol?
After starting B12,well, it makes sense, but after stopping?!?

Freddd

My sensitivity disappeared after 1 month in on Fred's protocol. After I stopped the protocol, the sensitivity has again returned, accompanied by very annoying gum itching. Anyone experienced these issues after STOPPING the protocol?
After starting B12,well, it makes sense, but after stopping?!?

Actually the hypothesis about mb12 causing the problems was wrong in the first place. You appear to now be having tissue breakdown that likely will continue to break down without the mb12. Good luck.

Freddd

I also would prefer an b12 with no sweetners or anything. The Anabol Dibencoplex is an excellent AdoCbl (adenosylcobalamin) and it has no sweetner or flavoring. I open the capsule and use 1/3 to 1/4 cap at a tome along my gum and lower lip and it sits there absorbing for 2-3 hours., Works great. Right now I am using 30 Enzymatic mb12 tablets a day to get enough high quality mb12 into my BRAIN ehlping heal the problems. Also, no irritation. It is non-acid and doesn't erode enamal. The sweetners I can't do anything about. B12 has no taste that has to be masked.