• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CAUTION: Vitamin B12 Sublinguals — The Citric Acid Additive Can Erode Tooth Enamel

They are not eating, they shut down cell making and so therefore all the failed cells don't happen and don't cause refeeding syndrome symptoms.

It took me all the different copper supplements to find one that didin't bother my stomach . Then it took 5 yeas of Lithium supplementation to regain homeostasis and was able to bring copper up to middle range.
I'm talking post-fast, one would think a 40 days fast would be the nail on the coffin for someone with say a b12 deficiency, instead people get better without supplements, that is if the refeeding is done properly.

Anyways I'm re-reading through your refeeding syndrome thread, as I really have a hard time retaining informations.
Having MMA in range and not having developed cblC symptoms at early age I guess I can rule that out, the above mentioned supplements would give me immediate response.
I just never experienced refeeding symptoms so far, meaning maybe I wasn't deficient of the nutrients I supplemented with in the past months. I'll be taking too that Solgar chelate copper you mentioned, out of curiosity at this point. It's one mineral I skipped supplementing so far, this keeps reminding me of a sentence I've read somewhere here on the forum about a user's hit and miss attempts narration: 'that was her missing mineral of the month'.

I must have misremembered the suggestion of taking mfolate before b12? Thought it made sense for the body to have it ready when needed with a b12 supplement.

Pee is fluorescent immediately after b2 supplementation, meaning I'm just not using, iirc.
Never seen reddish pee post b12 supplementation on the other hand.

I keep the lozenges between gums and lips, under the tongue they just last me barely 15 mins,

Sidney

thank you for this! just to be clear then, are there products which are trusted?

if not, would sublingual tabs like for instance Douglas Labs, which contain xylitol, mannitol, natural flavors and ascorbyl palmitate save my teeth?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B..._title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2EJCTH67GJMT3
Yes, if you use a sublingual B12 product which does not contain citric acid as a preservative, which is the chemical that erodes enamel, that should save your teeth.

b to a B12 injection. These oils that you place on the skin are a much more reliable way of getting good amounts of B12 into the body than sublingual tablets.

Sidney

Hip - (Apologies! I am so sorry, I accidentally deleted a big part of your message, when trying to highlight it to quote🙊)-

I wanted to say that I used Dr. Greg’s oils for several years; but they are expensive, ordering from the U.K., and I have heard that Holland & Barrett have a transdermal spray, which is not at all expensive, using (methylcobalamin), which you spray on the inside of your cheek. 4 sprays per day are supposed to give 1200ng.
I have been using that for a while now, and I honestly cannot say whether or not it makes any difference! Have you, or has anyone here, tried it and compared it to Dr. Greg’s methyl/adeno oils?

ME fluctuates so wildly, that after many years I still can’t trace causes/effects, and I have long given up on supplements, except for vit. D3, (which everyone needs),and B12. Now I am wondering about B12…😳

Hip

I have been using that for a while now, and I honestly cannot say whether or not it makes any difference! Have you, or has anyone here, tried it and compared it to Dr. Greg’s methyl/adeno oils?

I used to use sublingual B12 and intranasal B12 for years, which I suspect provides a similar dose to the H&B spray. There was a marginal benefit, but noticeably less powerful than Greg's B12 oils.

Rufous McKinney

one possible solution to this enamel erosion might be simply to take a pinch of sodium bicarbonate powder and spread this around your mouth and gum line before taking the B12
twelve or more years later...

sounds like this would be the best way- pre-rinse with sodium bicarb, then do your drops..maybe then do a carbonate rinse again a while later...(?)

I'm trying a new brand: PURE therapro...made in Colorado, ships from Idaho. (that's is considered local in my book) (its on my continent)

one drop is 1000 mcg (3 types of b-12)

it contains citric acid (because that is used as a preservative..)no solvents

so far I"ve only take "less than one drop"....

L'engle

moogle
It seems all the sublingual b12s have sweeteners of some kind. The one I've been taking is not as bad as the ones with citric acid, but it does have tapioca syrup, and it is making my teeth sensitive after a while.

The answer may be buying a capsule and opening the capsule and letting the contents dissolve. They don't have any sweeteners, probably taste gross, but I can't suffer any more tooth erosion.

I've been swallowing b12 for the last few days and it really isn't having the effects of dissolving.

I have some by Trophic(canadian brand) that taste chalky and bland and should be ok, but they are in small doses and I'm not sure of the potency yet.

Last edited:

L'engle

moogle
As a warning, the probiotics that are being sold as dental probiotics to be dissolved in the mouth also routinely contain sweeteners such as FOS, which seems like it would be counter productive...