• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Castor Oil safe for H2S SIBO???

tootsieroll

Hi all! I'm treating hydrogen sulfide SIBO after realizing my profuse bleeding was caused by sulfur poisoning back in 2018. Using oregano oil but it's causing constipation. I have used castor oil hexane free as a one time laxative before and it worked wonders. I would never use it more than once in a 3 month period but I used it before I knew I had H2S sibo. Is it safe for this SIBO? is it low sulfur? I know H2S sibo doesnt do well with fats or oils but this does have antimicrobial properties too. Can I use it once? I'm backed up due to treatment and would prefer something natural. Magnesium oxide is another option but Im afraid it might be too alkalizing for my low stomach acids which could exacerbate other bacteria in gut and H.Pylori. thanks.

tootsieroll

Thanks! Will take a look! Looks...adventurous lol. Still interested in Castor oil, so keep the advice coming.

lyran

How is your ileocecal valve functioning? is it tender when you press on it?

tootsieroll

The whole gut area is distended and tender to the touch. My pancreas area looks bulgy. Not sure how I would locate the ileocecal valve myself. I can go a week with no bowel movement and have strong smell coming up throat along with white tongue. I know my vagus nerve/MMC has been compromised because I went through horrific Benzo withdrawals for 8 years and was floxed by antibiotics =(. I'm sure there's malfunction everywhere.

lyran

I'm not sure if your whole stomach area is tender or hurts but ileocecal valve is located approximately in between of belly button and right hip bone. Ileocecal valve disfunction is sometimes one reason behind constipation.

If you can locate it, this is a good technique (do it for 3 minutes at a time every night for 2 weeks):

I think white coated tongue can be related to yeast infection.