• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

can it still be cfs/me if i can do sports

Is congnition and poison feeling the only symptoms?

yeah very heavy cognitive symptoms like after drinking a lot of alcool,
nausea sometimes,
blurry vision somtimes too,
gastro intestinal issues,
joint pain (knees and wrists),
also i had fever for the firsts months but did had it for over a year

Learner1

nausea sometimes,
The d-lactic acidosis might be a good guess.

Also, have you looked into high ammonia? You might try l-citrulline or ornithine aspartate, which can help dissipate ammonia.

Or mycotoxins from mold exposure?

Or heavy metal toxicity?

But, given your antibiotic history, doing a Viome Gut Intelligence test might be useful in improving your microbiome.

The d-lactic acidosis might be a good guess.

Also, have you looked into high ammonia? You might try l-citrulline or ornithine aspartate, which can help dissipate ammonia.

Or mycotoxins from mold exposure?

Or heavy metal toxicity?

But, given your antibiotic history, doing a Viome Gut Intelligence test might be useful in improving your microbiome.

i haven't tested any of that tbh, i have probably seen between 10-20 doctors for the past year, they just droped my case when basic tests came clear

Wishful

I'm no doctor but in order to have it you must have PEM.

In the first few years of my ME, I did plenty of strenuous exertion, but didn't notice PEM. It was 5+ years into my ME that I first noticed a correlation between feeling worse two days after a 40 km bike ride. 20k rides didn't trigger PEM. Still more years passed before I noticed that some other activities that were less strenuous but also less common for me did the same thing. So I can accept that someone can do strenuous exertion without triggering or at least noticing PEM, but still have ME. There are individual differences in triggering thresholds and PEM severity.

L'engle

moogle
i mean not in a row^^ i do between 6 to 10 series of 50

I knew somebody who could do this type of thing, having been at an elite fitness level while in good health. He would crash from it though and really couldn't do much else the rest of the time, heavy brainfog, weakness etc. So he definitely fit the me/cfs pattern ~23 hrs a day, with these short windows where he could still do the elite fitness stuff that most healthy people couldn't even do. Made it even harder for him to get a diagnosis I think, being obviously strong and athletic.

sometexan84

Be careful. You don't always get much warning that you've gone too far one too many times.
This^^^

I kept working out after CFS, for 6 months. As soon as I realized what was happening (hmm, these workouts seem to eff me over for multiple days... that is new...), I stopped.

And I regret working out as intensely as I was when I first got CFS... and regret that I kept trying to push myself after CFS started.

If I wasn't logging my workouts, dates/times, the fatigue and after-effects.... I prob would have kept working out for a LOT longer. Because I had to refer to my documentation to see the pattern that was happening.

Also this... exercise in mice exacerbated Enterovirus....
https://me-pedia.org/wiki/Coxsackie_B_virus#Exercise

1633226999054.png

And this last thing is largely a Dr. Chia theory, or rather a pattern he sees in his ME/CFS patients....

Enterovirus >> exercise + corticosteroid shots = Chronic enterovirus presence

Last edited:

Mouse girl

Yep, everyone i know regrets pushing themselves to hard when they get CFS, but you could have something else. regardless, working out alot when you have an illness can be very hard on your body. i would try more gentle things, like walking, yoga or swimming. just an idea

sometexan84

ME/CFS is just a label.

And it's a shitty one. The constant name and criteria controversies are proof that it's a shitty label.

i mean not in a row^^ i do between 6 to 10 series of 50
I got you. I understood what you meant. I was never able to do 50 consecutively, and I tried so hard :bang-head::cry:

sometexan84

nausea sometimes,
What you say here, and the thing you said about your blood feeling poisoned...

It really sounds like intestinal permeability (leaky gut) w/ gut bacteria seeping into your bloodstream (bacterial translocation). If not that, then maybe leaky kidney or something. Especially w/ the joint pain and blurry vision...

And w/ intestinal permeability, gut bacteria dysbiosis is usually involved...