• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can covid vax sufferers post update?

vision blue

Can those who had a bad long term effect from the covid vaccine please post how they are doing now?

Am rethinking how i want to croak (from covid or drom the vax) so that info would be helpful and interestibg

I hope those with bad effects now feel much better.

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
The vaccine is way safer than getting covid.
Unless you are allergic to the vaccine and are medically advised not to take it.

I've had 3 of the orignal Pfizer and the bivalent booster. No bad long term effects from them. Whereas covid has a higher death rate, 2-5% chance of death is likely. The vaccine is thousands of times lower.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3

Blue Jay

My ME symptoms worsened following each vaccination but about three weeks following I was back to my normal. I missed the fourth vaccination because I was caring for my husband. I caught covid - probably at my husband's funeral.

I was ill but not bedridden for a couple of weeks with a truly awful cough. Now it seems I'm stuck with long covid which I'm finding very difficult along with ME. I intend to have a fourth vaccine when I feel able to cope with it.

linusbert

The vaccine is way safer than getting covid.
Unless you are allergic to the vaccine and are medically advised not to take it.

I've had 3 of the orignal Pfizer and the bivalent booster. No bad long term effects from them. Whereas covid has a higher death rate, 2-5% chance of death is likely. The vaccine is thousands of times lower.

i would counter that.
at first, the 2-5% were projections of first time wuhan virus which was the deadliest. its gotten much less deadly since then. also hospitalisations went down a lot. also those numbers couldnt really keep up in the west. probably because chinese patients went to hospital when they were already almost diying were as in the west everyone with sniffles would be counted. the more you test the less deadly it became on paper.

right now corona isnt anything more than a mild flu. people who had it report 1-2 rough days and then a mild flu-out phase like sniffles for like a week.

almost everyone i know who got 1-3 of the shots, at least after the 2nd had mild annoying health problems. and a few very young people like mid twenties got lung embolia. actually this was my nurse and here husband from the nursing home i am in.
also people/personal constantly reported sick or had a feeling of generell unwellbeing.
my sister got all the shots, she constantly has corona like every 3 month.
another friend also a nurse, reported that all who got the shots constantly are missing at the work place and the non vax'd personal had to compensate.

i am the one with no shot at all , plus 2 friends, and i had the novel deadly corona virus, with exact the symptoms described before. all 3 of us non vaxed had much less trouble with corona, one of the 2 didnt even get it or at least didnt notice. ma girlfriend though had pneomonia both times she got it , was sick for a rough 1 week. though she was suspectible to this before already to regular flu. everytime she got something she hang in deep no matter if corona or not.

i am talking no-cfs regular "healthy" people. the cfs community might have different experiences. and the vax might be more beneficial or not. idk. there are no studies that i am aware of who track corona and vax side effects in cfs and chronic sick people.

" The vaccine is thousands of times lower."
i doubt this even more, right now the spike protein is causing all the bad effects in the VAX as well as corona infection. but the corona vax is a constant source of new spike proteins. i dont know if people know how this mRNA vaccine actually works?
the mRNA enters the body cells, and let them build the spike protein, actually like a virus. but nobody can tell how long the cells will build the spike protein. there is no off switch. so once vax'd there is a constant source of bodily produced spike proteins.

i am no anti-vaxxer, i like the principle of immunisation by vaxines and i am vaxed against ton of stuff. but this mRNA stuff doesnt get near my body anytime soon.
i am also not against mRNA vax in general, but the current thing does work in ways i doubt. 1) why build the dangerous spike protein and not other parts of the virus? 2) why put it in the body like a nuke, you do not know which cells will work on it - they should somehow only localized infect cells with the vax 3) off switch - there must be something to turn this off.

also what people do not talk about in the media, is that current research suggests that Vitamin D blood levels of ~50ng/ml prevent corona deaths completely and reduce hospitalization and bad cases drastically.
it also increases the power of the VAX and reduces its side effects as well.

i am not saying that the vax or corona virus either are factual more dangerous/deadly. but i believe the vax to have more harmful potential to body then the actual virus.
i am also saying, get a vitamin D shot no matter if you vax or not.

Last edited:

vision blue

@Alvin2 Also MCAS and chem Sensitivity one must consider, not just allergy. Risk- benifit has to be done seperately for each individual. Of course not getting either covid or vax is the hands down winner among the three basic possibikities

@linusbert I imagine age changes dramatically the cost-benefit ratio of vax vs natural infection
Also, Early on i read a study done with vit d which was indeed favorable. Havent kept up with literature to see how much. Now with so nany vaxxed, its hard to get data on how the unvaxed fare

@Judee i know about the poll; thanks for reminder. Still hoping the very moving stories posted on our forum could be updated if any of them sees the thread

@Blue Jay sucks on long covid! Does it feel qualitatively different from CFS by the way?

Gingergrrl

Also MCAS and chem Sensitivity one must consider, not just allergy. Risk- benifit has to be done seperately for each individual.

I completely agree with you that the risk/benefit analysis must be done separately for each individual person. In addition to those with a history of MCAS & anaphylaxis, it can be dangerous to those with known history of autoimmunity (and I have both).

Of course not getting either covid or vax is the hands down winner among the three basic possibikities

In case this is relevant to your prior poll (or your current info gathering), I have not gotten Covid yet in spite of not getting vaccine. I had a severe close exposure to Covid last year (I was traveling and sharing hotel room w/my friend who tested positive for Covid during our trip) but I did not get it from her. It was surprising b/c she was fully vaccinated & boosted and she got Covid but I did not. But I realize this is just my n=1 situation and not transferable to anyone else.

Early on i read a study done with vit d which was indeed favorable. Havent kept up with literature to see how much.

As far as I know, this is still correct that Vit D is indeed protective against Covid. I have purposely kept my Vit D level high (above the normal range on blood tests). Although I have no way of knowing if this has protected me against Covid vs. my overall immune system being skewed so far toward autoimmunity?

vision blue

@Gingergrrl of many fa tors to consider, early on anyway, some people spread it to zillions and others to absolutely no one despite close contact. So cant rule out that your “roomate”
Was somehow a non- slreader tho agree seems unlikely. Current strains much more contagioud than original strains

Guess i should try D again. Thanks for reminder. Problem is i never found a vitamin K i could tolerate and keep picturing calcium depositing itself in all the wrong places.

Thanks for seconding the individual cost benefit rather than the one size fits all public health approach

I have a friend who just got covid for first time. Everyone thought perhaps she was immune since twice her bf had it and sne disnt cat h it plus continued to work, and around kids. But finally after taking care of her parents who had it, she caught it - and after 3 miserable days is now fine. She was vaxed and fully boosted. I know 4 people including her who got ir for first tome in last two weeks and two who got it a second time in same period. Its contributed to my thinking, along with fact ive said all along id re-eval at the 3 year mark and about out of time for that

Gingergrrl

@Gingergrrl of many fa tors to consider, early on anyway, some people spread it to zillions and others to absolutely no one despite close contact. So cant rule out that your “roomate” Was somehow a non-slreader tho agree seems unlikely. Current strains much more contagioud than original strains

That is interesting and I have not heard about "non-spreaders" before! I wonder what makes them different?

Its contributed to my thinking, along with fact ive said all along id re-eval at the 3 year mark and about out of time for that

Do you mean the 3-year mark since the pandemic started (March 2023) or something else? For me, there is no amount of time passing that would change my decision b/c I will never do anything immuno-stimulatory like a vaccine to re-trigger my autoimmune disease or anaphylaxis that both remain in remission. But each person has a unique situation and a different cost/benefit analysis.

Blue Jay

@Blue Jay sucks on long covid! Does it feel qualitatively different from CFS by the way?
All I can say, @vision blue, is that it's different to my ME. Before, I could manage a very short walk - now whenever I try my legs are so wobbly and I'm much more likely to fall due to really poor balance. I know these can be ME problems but they haven't been this bad for me since the first year. I've had ME for 26 years. Then there's the uncontrollable hacking cough which isn't as often as the first week of covid (in October) but it's still bad.

I agree that it should be up to the individual whether to have the vaccination and, for some, it would not be advisable. I think there should be more research into all the measures taken to deal with covid.

Blue Jay

I'm sad you're going through so much @Blue Jay.
Thanks, @Judee, all hugs and prayers gratefully received. I didn't meant to sound 'poor meish' (new word), just to explain the circumstances which I did feel were unfair but so many of us have been/are going through awful things all the time. xx

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I didn't meant to sound 'poor meish' (new word),

Oh, no. I didn't take it that way. I just know that grief is just about one of the most painful and bewildering things we go through and then trying to deal with it while we have this disease...well, you know.

Blue Jay

Oh, no. I didn't take it that way. I just know that grief is just about one of the most painful and bewildering things we go through and then trying to deal with it while we have this disease...well, you know.
It was just good to hear from you, @Judee. Thank you.

vision blue

That is interesting and I have not heard about "non-spreaders" before! I wonder what makes them different?

Do you mean the 3-year mark since the pandemic started (March 2023) or something else? For me, there is no amount of time passing that would change my decision b/c I will never do anything immuno-stimulatory like a vaccine to re-trigger my autoimmune disease or anaphylaxis that both remain in remission. But each person has a unique situation and a different cost/benefit analysis.

Yes, meant 3 years since pandemic. Butvwasnt sure what actuql
Date that should be since there were plenty of unofficial cases of covid in january (and even december).

I know what you mean on not wanting to wake up immune system. I too have AI disease and its relatively quiet now. I had a permanant change for the worse following a bad respitory infection (that i caught from a doctor).

The 3 year date comes from what happened with the “spanish ” flu. Big Deaths for 3 years and then sufficient mutations so that it was no longer as lethal and became an ordinary flu bug that we have now

There are though multiple reasons why covid may not follow this timeline. One is that the evolutionary pressures on covid are different. For the spanish flu it was rtoo rapidly fatal so a variant that didnt kill so fast would be selected for. Covid kills slow. Plenty of time for the virus to spread so there may not be a selective advantage for a milder bug. Another reason is the vax is like a reset of the clock. By wipinh out one strain, mutations have to fight all over again for top dog. So no settling in 3 years.
D
So i was hoping to make another decision when things settled into how they may be forever. I planned to reassess whether i can still say safe , what it woukd take to do so, and if possible was i willing to do those things and if not, would i rather get the vax no or covid in 4 months.

But im no closer to that decision and thought would help to hear peoples vax recovery stories.

Today eg took risk and with mask (of course) went i to a supermarket to search for the old packages of a product that has recently changed. Cant do it online since dont know if will get the new or old one. Then i had to check out abd one self checker was busted and the other had someone there with a huge set of groceries. So got someone at service counter where it was empty to ring me ip. Id estimate whole thing was 7 and a half minutes. Low risk. But still, have i decided this type of behavior is enough? Forever? And what hapoens when i need repairs in here? And when more curbside pickups go away? Etc

So where are the folk who got real bad from vax and regretted them when they last posted? Im
Not concerned with it making me feel off for 3 weeks. I think my trouble woth the fax will start at 3?weeks

Since you mentioned no amount of time will change your decision against vax, How are you planning to stay safe? Will you forever not go on a train, bus, or plane? How about an uber? Forever not gonin a resteraunt to eat? Forever not go to a friends house? A hotel? What happens when things break? Or a housekeeper? Or maybe youre just planning tomtake paxlovid when you get it? Anyway maybe this is more a question for the other thread on those like is who feel they cannot get vax ed for med reasons.

Just feeling super trapped hence collecting info to see if theres something i can change.

Last edited:

Seadragon

Since you mentioned no amount of time will change your decision against vax, How are you planning to stay safe? Will you forever not go on a train, bus, or plane? How about an uber? Forever not gonin a resteraunt to eat? Forever not go to a friends house? A hotel? What happens when things break? Or a housekeeper? Or maybe youre just planning tomtake paxlovid when you get it? Anyway maybe this is more a question for the other thread on those like is who feel they cannot get vax ed for med reasons.

Just feeling super trapped hence collecting info to see if theres something i can change.

As one who chose not to get vaccinated, I don't worry too much about it and live my life as I did before the pandemic. No special precautions. Have not had Covid (yet) and what will be will be.....

vision blue

As one who chose not to get vaccinated, I don't worry too much about it and live my life as I did before the pandemic. No special precautions. Have not had Covid (yet) and what will be will be.....

. Maybe you are younger than @Gingergrrl that i wrote the questions for If so, your strategy has some logical arguments on its side. And Hope your lucky streak lasts forever.

Last edited:

Gingergrrl

Maybe you are younger than @Gingergrrl that i wrote the questions for If so, your strategy has some logical arguments on its side. And Hope your lucky streak lasts forever.

Which questions did you write for me? I think I missed something and will read through this thread again! :xeyes: I was 49 yrs old for (almost) all of 2020 when Covid was most severe and I am now 52 (in case this was one of your questions).

Gingergrrl

Yes, meant 3 years since pandemic. Butvwasnt sure what actuql Date that should be since there were plenty of unofficial cases of covid in january (and even december).

I tend to count March 2020 as the "official" start of the pandemic (when we went into the first lockdown) but I agree that the virus was spreading much earlier than that.

Since you mentioned no amount of time will change your decision against vax, How are you planning to stay safe? Will you forever not go on a train, bus, or plane? How about an uber? Forever not gonin a resteraunt to eat? Forever not go to a friends house? A hotel? What happens when things break? Or a housekeeper? Or maybe youre just planning tomtake paxlovid when you get it?

Was this what you meant by the list of questions? I'm sorry for my confusion and will answer them here:

I don't use Uber, buses or trains b/c I (thankfully) have my own car. I haven't flown on a plane yet but assume that I will in the future. I go to restaurants but (almost) always do outdoor dining. I go to friends & family members houses and I've stayed in hotels in 2021 & 2022 without any problems.

I don't have a housekeeper b/c I have a small apt and clean it myself. I've had maintenance & repairs throughout the pandemic but I ask everyone who enters to wear mask (and I wear one, too, whenever repairs are being done inside my unit). I also still wear a mask for all medical appts and when I go to the pharmacy or anywhere that there might be people who are sick. I hope this info helps. I think we each have different comfort levels and should each do what feels right.

vision blue

@Gingergrrl thanks mu h. That helps. Maybe i forgot to tag you on the prior message. I guess whats different is i cant drive far in my car , so maybe that contributes to my sense of being trapped. Oh, what do you do for groceries and other stores? Ive been going in them with masks but limiting my stay to under 10 min. Has been ok so far but not sure for how much longer plus 10 min not always enuf. . ive been to a few med appts but minimal and hoping med establishments keep up with their wearing of masks. Ive wondered just how long that will also getting tired of feeling like im playing russian roulette every time i buy toothpaste. So much is at stake because i dont think i will come out the other side of covid. And Just feels like somethings going to give on my end, im just not sure what yet so exploring options. .

Thanks for answering all the questions

I guess since no one with bad vax reactions are here i may have to look up their threads and respond directly to them.