• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can covid vax sufferers post update?

Gingergrrl

Oh, what do you do for groceries and other stores? Ive been going in them with masks but limiting my stay to under 10 min. Has been ok so far but not sure for how much longer plus 10 min not always enuf

I go to grocery stores, malls, etc, and so far have not had any problems.

Thanks for answering all the questions

No problem and I realize that I missed one thing that you asked me re: Paxlovid. I will 100% take Paxlovid if I get Covid and have already made a plan w/my PCP. I have researched it and it is safe to take with all of my other current meds.

vision blue

I go to grocery stores, malls, etc, and so far have not had any problems.

No problem and I realize that I missed one thing that you asked me re: Paxlovid. I will 100% take Paxlovid if I get Covid and have already made a plan w/my PCP. I have researched it and it is safe to take with all of my other current meds.

I also have a plan with my pcp for covis trratment. But in the interim the monoclonal antibody he agreed to near where i live is no longer used as does not work on omicron
On paxlovid, i checked and only obe of the two pills had a chance of being safe for me. So hoping to take that one pill and then along with grapefruit juice to inhibit my cytochrone p450. The role of the second pill i believe is primarily to inhibit Cyp450 and grapefruit can do that. But given how sick i get from just the benign acyclovir, my odds of tokerating even half of paxlovid is very low. So feels like i have no saftey net.mive mentioned in otger posts thats whybi want convalescent plasma which a recent study reaffirmed does very goid things but i continue to be unable to find it.
I know a couple of people who got covid from grocery shopping.

Gingergrrl

I also have a plan with my pcp for covis trratment. But in the interim the monoclonal antibody he agreed to near where i live is no longer used as does not work on omicron

It seems that they are fading out the monoclonal antibody treatments like Regeneron and really pushing Paxlovid (from recent TV commercials, ads, etc). It is no longer even required by insurance to have a positive Covid test to get Paxlovid which surprised me. In my case, I would not take Paxlovid without a positive test (but that is just my own comfort level).

my odds of tokerating even half of paxlovid is very low

I agree and suspect that my odds of tolerating Paxlovid are low. My best friend and her mom have both taken it with no problems but I am much more sensitive to meds. As far as I can assess, there are no dyes in it that I am allergic to.

I know a couple of people who got covid from grocery shopping.

Definitely and people can get it anywhere. In my case, my immune system remains so skewed toward autoimmunity & allergic reactions (vs. infection), that a brief exposure at a grocery store doesn't worry me. I had really expected to get it from my friend when we shared a hotel room (while she got Covid on our trip) because was a major, close, prolonged exposure but I didn't get it.

I think you should do whatever feels right to you based on your personal medical history (which for sure is different than mine). There are other things that I plan to avoid for the rest of my life (besides vaccines) such as IV contrast dye, known toxins/mold, certain classes of antibiotics, etc.

Seadragon

. Maybe you are younger than @Gingergrrl that i wrote the questions for If so, your strategy has some logical arguments on its side. And Hope your lucky streak lasts forever.

Hi @vision blue I am in the same age group as Gingergrrl.

I had a severe reaction to travel vaccines many years ago and have very unpredictable responses to many medicines in general. Tiny doses of steroid medicine for three days in 2018 (an experiment by a rheumatologist to see if it would improve my symptoms) lead to a massive permanent deterioration in my health for example. Doctors can't explain why that happened to me.

So I feel I can't personally take the risk of the vaccines at present.

I have not caught any colds or flus in several years now though, seems like my immune system is rammed on and batters everything that comes its way these days. I have only been that way since my permanent crash after the steroid experiment. It's another reason I feel I can risk being unvaccinated at present.

Husband is fully vaccinated but works in a busy office in London so not much point me trying too hard to avoid Covid - everyone at his workplace has caught Covid two or three times now. I have almost definitely been exposed but like Gingergrrl, not yet developed Covid myself.

I've been ill for decades and some cold and flu viruses have made me worse and some improved things for a while, once caused several years partial remission...some made no difference. Not sure what would happen if I caught Covid...

It's definitely a lottery with Covid and not an easy decision for some of us regarding getting or not getting vaccinated.

There are a few people on the other forum (S4ME) that have spoken about adverse reactions.

ETA Could you talk to your doctor about Paxlovid perhaps?

Gingergrrl

Hi @vision blue I am in the same age group as Gingergrrl

That's what I thought but I wasn't certain :)

I have not caught any colds or flus in several years now though, seems like my immune system is rammed on and batters everything that comes its way these days.

I am the same and I have not had a cold, flu, or traditional illness since Jan 2013 (now over 10 years) in spite of many very close exposures with family & friends. I think my immune system is also still rammed on (to steal your phrase ;)).