• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Call for an action - please, dont be passive

Tuha

Hi

I am thinking all the time how to rise some money for our case. The support from public side is really poor and maybe it will not change for a long time, so its again on us (cfs patients) to change the things. So thats why I would like to propose a project. This project is really easy but for his success we need the participation of many people. I got inspirated from Franks thread so its not really my idea. I already wrote about it some sentences in another thread but I think it dissapeared so i decided to do another extra thread.
I think a lot of you know it already and there were already some threads about on this forum.
The proposal:
So I am talking about iGive (www.igive.com). For the people who doesnt know about - its the same like google. So when you want to find something on internet you can use it. For each searching you get 0,01 dollars. At first, I also thought that its stupid and it takes forever to earn some money with this system but then I saw Franks instruction video - how you can do it really fast. it takes maybe 5 minutes to earn 1 dollar - just check this short video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1m2ypch4y4

Maybe you also think that 1 dollar is nothing but if a lot of people would participate......
We cannot do so much, we spend most of the time at home behind our computers so it would be really easy to rise some money this way. I just checked the number of the visitors of this web site and there are more than 400 people for this moment. so if everyone would stop readind just for 5 minutes we would earn 400 dollars for a CFS association. We (the CFS patients) are spending the hours by reading and researching about our illness so I think we should be able to do at least 5 minutes a day something to get some money for research of our illness. So my proposal is, when you go on this forum you dont start to read at first the articles but you go on igive to earn 1 dollar or even more when you want. So please dont be passive and lets do it - the numbers can make differents. its not difficult at all and it takes nothing compare to your spending by reading CFS articles - it takes just 5 minutes. I just checked the support for this forum on iGive and 3 people were able to earn 20 dollars for some days. I think its a good sign that its real. I also talked to 5 cfs patients and they all said that they would participate and it would by no problem for them to do it almost daily. On this forum are already a lot of people, we now a lot of foreign cfs patients - so there is potentially a huge group. Just start it. I think at first we could see how many people would be interesting to do this. Then maybe decide which organisation to support and then how much money we want to rise. Then wenn we rise certain number of money we can change the organisation.
So please write here, what do you think about (if you would participate, ideas, critics, how could it work better,....). I know that there is already the support for this forum, WPI, CFIDS on iGive
just dont be passive!!!!!

Frank

Tuha thanks for putting the intentions of the youtube video into words. We have great potential in numbers, let's all be positive; it will start to get bigger and bigger.

WPI is now close to $500
PR has collected in a matter of days close to $25

thanks everyone

wanne help out: http://isearch.igive.com

Tuha

the video was really motivating :). We have great potential in numbers but this numbers have to become active. I think this initiative can work only if we will see the improves. the people will not do it if in some days we will rise only 1-2 dollars - its demotivating and you get impression that it doesnt help. I was really surprised with phoenix rising that after some days just 3 people made 20 dollars and I got impression that it can work.
so people once more - we need all of you, we need to motivate the new people and we need to let believe the people who already do it that this action has sign. so please invest 5-10 minutes of your time a day for this action. so lets say that we go to support WPI and Phoenix Rising and we will see the next days if we are able to do something for us by ourself. if we will see that it works we can improve our coordination and to support also other projects. dont wait for others - start it immediatly. you are just reading and sometimes you can make a break for some minutes. maybe you can start already after reading this sentences.
thanks and keep active :)

Tuha

Monthly summary of this small project.
I just checked how WPI and Phoenix Rising are doing on iGive after one month since we did a small call for this action. So this month just by searching we earnd for WPI 100 dollars (during first 5 months we earnd by searching only around 45 dollars) and for Phoenix Rising around 55 dollars. WPI has around 150 supporters, Phoenix Rising 5. I think maybe only 5 supporters of WPI do searching regullary. if the supporters of WPI would be motivated like Phoenix Risings they would earn for WPI this mont 1 500 dollars. To be motivated, it doesnt mean to spend the hours by doing searching on internet. It means to spend maybe 5-10 minutes a day (even not every day).I did it reagullary this month. I did every day for WPI around 1 dollar and for Phoenix around 0,5. It took me around 15 minutes a day and it wasnt even too boring. it is really good possibility for the people who cannot support financially CFS activities - like this is really easy to give 30 dollars a month. so people lets support us. maybe it looks stupid but it can work. So join us - maybe it will work slowly on the beggining but if the people will see that it works they will join us. so dont wait for the others and be first - you will not win a special price but you will be a small hero :) I think if we would be good coordinated we would be able to earn but searching 1000 dollars a month (just by 5 minutes searching a day). maybe for WPI is 1000 dollars not so much (but better like nothing) but with this small activity we could support same small project which dont need so much money (maybe for Phoenix Rising it can be really useful). but this is a discussion for later if it would work. so lets see if it can work and if we are able to do something alone for us.
here is once more the franks video how you can do searching really fast:

ballard

I would like to challenge anyone who is interested to try to beat my monthly total for IGive. This month so far, I have made $23.76 for WPI by just mindlessly searching IGive. I'll post my new total at the end of July.

Searching is easy. I keep the IGive page open on my computer, and when I am daydreaming or resting, I just make a few searches.

Beat me if you can!! :cool:

Tuha

Some people asked me if I can make more spaces in my posts and if I could write once more my 3 posts in this thread. So I will try to write a small summary. I didnt know that there are also this kind of problems - I dont have this kind of cfs problems like brain fog,...even i cannot imagine what brain fog is.

There is a small possibility how to support cfs activities with iGive (www.igive.com). For the people who doesnt know about - its the same like google. when you want to find something on internet you can use it. For each searching you get 0,01 dollars. What I know there are the people who support WPI, Phoenix Rising, CAA,...

At first, I also thought that its stupid and it takes forever to earn some money with this system but then I saw Franks instruction video - how you can do it really fast. it takes maybe 5 minutes to earn 1 dollar - just check this short video:

The call for this small project was made one month ago. I think not so many people participated but we can already see some positive results.
So here is a small monthly summary:

I just checked how WPI and Phoenix Rising are doing on iGive after one month since we did a small call for this action. So this month just by searching we earnd for WPI 100 dollars (during first 5 months we earnd by searching only around 45 dollars) and for Phoenix Rising around 55 dollars.

WPI has around 150 supporters, Phoenix Rising 5. I think maybe only 5 supporters of WPI do searching regullary. if the supporters of WPI would be motivated like Phoenix Risings they would earn for WPI this mont 1 500 dollars.

To be motivated, it doesnt mean to spend the hours by doing searching on internet. It means to spend maybe 5-10 minutes a day (even not every day).I did it reagullary this month. I did every day for WPI around 1 dollar and for Phoenix around 0,5. It took me around 15 minutes a day and it wasnt even too boring.

it is really good possibility for the people who cannot support financially CFS activities - like this is really easy to give 30 dollars a month. so people lets support us. maybe it looks stupid but it can work. So join us - maybe it will work slowly on the beggining but if the people will see that it works they will join us. so dont wait for the others and be first - you will not win a special price but you will be a small hero :)

I think if we would be good coordinated we would be able to earn by searching 1000 dollars a month (just by 5 minutes searching a day). maybe for WPI is 1000 dollars not so much (but better like nothing) but with this small activity we could support some small project which dont need so much money (maybe for Phoenix Rising it can be really useful). but this is a discussion for later if it would work. so lets see if it can work and if we are able to do something alone for us.

hopefully my writing style was better this time

Tuha

Merry and Ballard

Thanks for join this small project. Its good to see that there are more people participated on it. For me its bigger motivation. Hopefully more people will join us.

ballard, I took your challange - are you afraid?