• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Calcified Manganese in the Pineal Gland

@keenly EMF powerfully alters the dynamics of time. Time (IMHO) is just a gravity to electricity ratio -- an electromagnetic field.

Learner1

@Learner1 Morley Robbins is a friend, and has been extremely prescient re the importance of iron. His protocol does not address oxalates, however, and did not work for me -- with the exception of boron (a little) and iodine (a lot). More than magnesium, I find I need salt; the two seem to have opposite effects in the adrenals in my case.
I am familiar with his rants and would take anything he says with a large grain of salt, preferring to work off of reputable research.

As I posted research on manganese and iron, I am not arguing that they or any other minerals, for that matter, aren't important. They are, but there also is a lot more going on for most of us.

percyval577

nucleus caudatus et al
I recently had dome blood work done via European Laboratory of Nutrients. My manganese is really low.
Your blood manganese is low.

It might be used up and being kept inside the cells, and carries on with actions there.

Maybe supplementation of Mn would even worsen the situation when it might induce more action (a trap).

I tried a short evaluation on this difficult subject (#25).

But it seems nobody likes the idea to restrict some nutrition instead of elevating some nutrition.
(But it might be wrong here of course.)

Similarly, ACh autoantibodies might induce to less ACh, but maybe its only a counteraction on to much induced ACh, and to elevate ACh might even be contraproductive,

Last edited:

percyval577

nucleus caudatus et al
@alethea The ratio between space and time might come out of balance.
Space is non-time and is almost making for solid things,
(which we like to "think" when we say "This is an apple. "This is a waiter." etc.)

Special edit: It could be contraproductive as well to mention this is more a joke (in medical context).

Last edited:

JES

nnEMF is a bigger issue than oxalate. Airports are horrific. When 5G hits people will be dropping like flies. Literally.

Right. You can report back the day when that happens.

By the way, there are hundreds of possible reasons why someone would feel worse after a flight. Let me list some:

- Cabin pressure first and foremost. The pressure in the cabin is not the same as on sea level, as it would be too expensive to maintain such high pressure the entire time. The cabin pressure is roughly equivalent to outside pressure at 1800-2400m above sea level, so the oxygen uptake will be lower than normal.

-Cabin humidity. Normal humidity is around 30%, airplane cabin less than 20%.

-Sitting still for a long period of time. This is why some people form blood clots during long flights.

-Routine travel fatigue / jet lag.

To postulate a specific reason, you have to firstly rule out every other sensible reason. Unfortunately none of these above reasons sound as exciting as some invented ones.

percyval577

nucleus caudatus et al
To be more detailed. Space and time are an "apart of points" but only space can be described as the negation of time:
When space is obviously a beside to one another, it makes no sence to say time is not a beside to one another as the different time points are indeed beside to one another.
But when time is an after one another it makes sence to say space is a not an after one another, which is indeed the case as all points in space are at the same time.

This has implications as initial (selfmoving) time can rather not be measured, and what we measure when we measure "time" is a rather a comparision of one movement in space and time to another "normal" or gauge movement (for example these moving things in the clocks).

In respect to Einsteins theory of space and time it would mean that in one system the possibilty of movement (of an object in space/time eg km/h) slows down (for the other system) when it is relativly moved to this other system, and in the speed of light there then is no possible movement (space/time) rather than there is no time (which would stand still).
Accordingly to the hologramm theory there would once more be a common time; and no "initial" desynchronisation (as Einsteins terminology says) would take place.

Last edited:

percyval577

nucleus caudatus et al
@Learner1 Recently Ive found.
Switch of Mitochondrial Superoxide Dismutase into a Prooxidant Peroxidase in Manganese-Deficient Cells and Mice, April 2018 ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29398562
It matches up with your article and says that mammalian Fe-SOD2 (too much of it instead of Mn-SOD2) utilizes H2O2 and leads to mitochondrial dysfunction.
(Culotta once more, she rescued me).
I am not saying of course that this finding would speak more in my favour who limits manganese than in your´s who is sceptical.
But sometimes my "misfeelings" come back, and I´d say, they have been realy pain. It´s a success, isn´t it?

Last edited:

Learner1

Theories are fine, but I have a keen interest in solving my issues.

My doctors and I have been piecing together a "perfect storm" of mitochondria problems. We are all individuals, so my issues won't be shared by everyone, but, these are a few of the issues we've found causing my "storm":
  • Low manganese and riboflavin
  • Homozygous SOD2 and PEMT SNPs
  • High iron (hemachromatosis, now managed with phlebotomies)
  • High nitrotyrosine, lipid peroxides, and low vitamin C and glutathione
  • SNPs affecting complex I
  • Toxicity - mold and heavy metals, platinum based chemo therapy (have chelated a lot of this already)
  • Lousy phase II detoxification pathways
These all seem to lead to a vicious cycle of damaged mitochondrial membranes, increased ROS, inefficient ATP production, fatigue, immune and endocrine dysfunction, etc.

Untangling this mess is in order. Repairing membranes, as Garth Nicolson and Patricia Kane suggest, providing nutrients needed for SOD2 (like manganese) and glutathione production, and reducing the iron and other toxicity should be helpful, in theory.

So, though manganese and iron are definitely important, there are other players that may also be having an impact, too.

percyval577

nucleus caudatus et al
Theories are fine, but I have a keen interest in solving my issues.
Originially it´s a halllmark of knowledge to solve problems. Look at the animals, they look into the world because they need to eat, to reproduct, to sleep safe.
In science the connection between knowledge (that what is true or false) and praxis (doing, acting) has become more loose, because it cannot be predictet which course the truth will take (when such complicate).

It makes no sence to say, on the one side "theory" "but I want to solve" a problem.
Theory is at its origin part of solving problems. You will not solve problems without knowledge.
And life has been suggested essentially to be "solving problems" (Karl Popper, the last big name in epistemology).
It might actually be not the whole truth, and you can even make theories only for joke.

I can in fact not judge about all your influences like heavy metals and other ones.
But what I can do is telling about my slow and overall steady success
and try to understand it. And there develops a warning that might be worth to look at and to consider.

Last edited:
pH is not fixed or absolute. In a sense it "travels" or varies with the time signature. A pH of 7 today will be perceived as a state of acidosis in the future. This is why the body shuts down those activities (exercise, metabolism, even eventually respiration) that will add to its acidity. The body's proprioception is off. It thinks it's in acidosis already -- probably because of calcified manganese in the pineal gland.