• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CAA on Facebook

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
I don't think thats a problem. In meetings like that researchers frequently talk about unpublished findings; its basically a condition of the meeting to not spill the news to the press. That's actually a condition of the big IACFS/COnferences which we patients regularly break (but the researchers do not).

I don't want to overdo this. I don't actually know that the CFIDS Association is upset at the Whittemore Peterson Institute for Dr. Mikovits not appearing. Nor do I know if the WPI is upset at the CAA for anything. Thats all conjecture. I assume both organizations are busy enough doing what they're doing to not worry too much about all this.

I do think it's too bad that everybody couldn't have met up. The CFS researchers could have gotten special insight into XM RV and that could have helped them with their proposals. Hopefully next year they will all get together.