• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

bruxism in general and after supplements

since I take some probiotics and other supplements my bruxism gets worse.
also I get fasciculations bodily lately.
I am using a night guard too.
also using nac and garlic pills too.
what should I do?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
My guess is they are too much for you at the moment. We are super sensitive with this disease. Listen to what your body is telling you and reduce the dose or go off of them.

Alternately you could try taking them a 2-3 days a week to see if your body can handle it. Otherwise, they just might not be the supplements for you for where you are right now with your disease.

Don't throw them away though. Stick the probiotics and the maybe the garlic in your fridge and the others in a drawer. You might read something here or elsewhere that gives you another way to try them...like with some co-factor or some such. In the future your body may change and be able to handle them.

My guess is they are too much for you at the moment. We are super sensitive with this disease. Listen to what your body is telling you and reduce the dose or go off of them.

Alternately you could try taking them a 2-3 days a week to see if your body can handle it. Otherwise, they just might not be the supplements for you for where you are right now with your disease.

Don't throw them away though. Stick the probiotics and the maybe the garlic in your fridge and the others in a drawer. You might read something here or elsewhere that gives you another way to try them...like with some co-factor or some such. In the future your body may change and be able to handle them.
Well thanks for your reply.
I think they obviously kill something or create allergies. I have always suspected cpn however it is not that easy . I got staph and tinea issues as well with small fiber neuropathy. for now I am going to play with the dosage. thank you.

go figure.

perchance dreamer

I think it's important to see a good dentist if you have bruxism. Even a tiny misalignment of your teeth could contribute. Also, small airways are associated with bruxism, the thought being that you unconsciously grind and keep your jaw engaged in an effort to open the airway more.