• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Brazilian artistic performance about ME/CFS

Avenger

If myalgic encephalomyelitis, known as chronic fatigue syndrome, could speak, what would it say to health professionals and patients?

If myalgic encephalomyelitis, known as chronic fatigue syndrome, could speak, what would it say to health professionals and patients?

Thank you! Incredibly apt and true of all of us. Wonderfully put; and from everyone I have spoken to we hold so much anger at this opression and what we see from the other side as Doctors who just don't care or worse, see us as wasting their time and angry at us. We are not important, because our symptoms do not exist to poorly trained Doctors who have been trained to see us as lazy, crazy or just not wanting to work when we are seriously unwell.

We need to be treated with compassion not arrogant ignorance.

This has to change; we must do something; why not use this Beautifull Letter to head a mass petition? We need to get these messages out there. We also need to target the Doctors who are training this misery in Universities.

Im sure Banksy or one of us could come up with some similar apt artwork to make people think! Has anyone seen any artwors that can represent our feelings?

We are fighting an institutional power; perhaps the many thousands of us should ask to opt out of seeing NHS Doctors; and set up our own Doctors who actually care; The threat en-masse of a quarter of a million people wanting to leave the NHS and have better service elsewhere would make them think!

Last edited: