• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Body Don‘t absorbs any food anymore/ digestion shuts down

xena

Hi,

I‘m Lala I‘m from Germany and I have been living with cfs for more then 3 years.

(I cant write much and my English is not the best, I‘m sorry)

my condition has deteriorated more and more over time. Every move, every noise is too much to handle. Now I‘m at the point, where my body doesnt absorb any food anymore.

I have constipation all the time, worser then ever. I can‘t digest fats but also no protein. I am hungry, but nothing comes in to my cells. I‘m extremly malnourished and Getting weaker and weaker.

Has anyone tips for me? What could I eat? I am at a point where I‘m nearly to week to chew.

I‘m thankful for any advices.

Hi @Lalala , how about fruit juice sipped very slowly to avoid spiking blood sugar? That doesn't require any digestion.

I've been learning about the mucus free diet and implementing it for one and a half years. It has been the best thing for my digestion.

Do you know what mucoid plaque is? It's like a coating that covers our intestines over time when eat foods that irritate our body. It can make it hard to absorb nutrients I think?

I know people debate the reality of it and I'm not here to do that but I have seen it come out of me after fasting.

I suggest you learn about juice fasting and fruitarianism. I know that sounds very weird and potentially harmful but it can make a huge difference.

Also you can actually do it using bottled juice if fresh is too hard. You can learn about that from the master fast system Facebook group. I also found the living mucus free Facebook group helpful.

Definitely learn first and approach carefully! But I wonder if this could help you.

Thank you for your answers. I am getting weaker... every breath is exhausting. I am so afraid. it is as if my body is holding on to life with the last of its strength
Hi I‘m still here thank god. Did some of you ever felt like that and got better? Unfortunately I feel like I can’t get better no matter what I do. I feel like I get weaker every day (never thought that is possible) I feel like to keep pushing to keep my body alive idk how to describe this but it’s so scary

Kadar

@Lalala did you try any of suggestions?
Thumbs up for zinc mentioned earlier.
Hydrochloric acid can be rised by b1, b3 and potassium as I know

[
@Lalala did you try any of suggestions?
Thumbs up for zinc mentioned earlier.
Hydrochloric acid can be rised by b1, b3 and potassium as I know
Yes I tried HCL Betain and I also take zinc nearly daily. HCL Betain is quite good for my low stomach acid but I have to be careful, because of my sensitive stomach. A little dose me pain already

Last edited:

xena

Hi I‘m still here thank god. Did some of you ever felt like that and got better? Unfortunately I feel like I can’t get better no matter what I do. I feel like I get weaker every day (never thought that is possible) I feel like to keep pushing to keep my body alive idk how to describe this but it’s so scary

Glad you are still with us 💖

I wasn't that badly off but Liisa lugus was and for a long time. She couldn't talk or move for 8 months. But she got back to being able to walk a little and sees improvements despite a very hard situation. Try reaching out to her on Facebook, she's not on this forum anymore.