• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

BLOG: ALERNATIVE THERAPIES THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE WOO-WOO

hellytheelephant

The latest Chronic Elephant Blog is about Alternative Therapies, my experiences, the do's and don'ts, and things you can do to help yourself.

https://thechronicelephant.blogspot.com/2019/09/alternative-therapies-good-bad-and-woo.html

HAPPY READING!
IMG_20180805_114538.jpg

Wolfcub

@hellytheelephant Thank you. Good sensible grounded advice.
I enjoyed reading that and it matches with my own feelings about therapies.
I always know when something is being helpful for me. I get a little "smile" from it and a metaphorical "thumbs-up" (going on inside) as a response to something I try.
If I don't happen to sense that, I don't pursue the treatment.

Of course some things we try though not resulting in an out-and-out cure, can certainly help us. And I do think that if we don't feel some benefit -quite quickly -it may be time to stop.

I tried homeopathy, and did find it helped me, though on the second time of trying it didn't put me into remission again (as happened the irst time)
But one thing I appreciated was when I tried one remedy the homeopath gave me, and felt suddenly much worse.... he didn't suggest I was "herxing"....or "just keep it up for another 3 months". He told me to stop taking the remedy, as treatment wasn't meant to make me feel more ill, and we would try a new potency. The new potency actually helped.
Though sadly....not forever. :(

But thanks for that good grounded approach, Helly.

Sarah94

@hellytheelephant Thank you. Good sensible grounded advice.
I enjoyed reading that and it matches with my own feelings about therapies.
I always know when something is being helpful for me. I get a little "smile" from it and a metaphorical "thumbs-up" (going on inside) as a response to something I try.
If I don't happen to sense that, I don't pursue the treatment.

Of course some things we try though not resulting in an out-and-out cure, can certainly help us. And I do think that if we don't feel some benefit -quite quickly -it may be time to stop.

I tried homeopathy, and did find it helped me, though on the second time of trying it didn't put me into remission again (as happened the irst time)
But one thing I appreciated was when I tried one remedy the homeopath gave me, and felt suddenly much worse.... he didn't suggest I was "herxing"....or "just keep it up for another 3 months". He told me to stop taking the remedy, as treatment wasn't meant to make me feel more ill, and we would try a new potency. The new potency actually helped.
Though sadly....not forever. :(

But thanks for that good grounded approach, Helly.
What homeopathic treatment put you into remission?!