• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Birth month poll

What month were you born?

• January

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • March

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • April

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • May

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • June

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • July

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • August

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • September

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • October

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • November

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • December

Votes: 9 13.8%

• Total voters
Before you vote: please vote multiple times so you can enter birth months for ME relatives or friends. After you vote, I don't think you can add more votes.

anne_likes_red

So that Southern hemisphere members could contribute in a way that doesn't throw your results, you could have said:
1st month of Spring, 2nd Month of Spring etc..

Or, simpler maybe to get Sthn hemisphere folks to add six months! :) Whatchya think?

alex3619

You might like to consider that those born in the southern hemisphere will have the seasons reversed, and those born on the equator will essential have been born without major shifts in season. Also how north and south is a factor. I was born in late summer, and near the equator, two confounding factors. I do not fit this idea, though it is fair to say that how far north or south you were born are risk factors in MS, which is another implication for the importance of vitamin D.

taniaaust1

Wow.. look at all the March births, double/triple the other months (Im a March person myself).

I agree with the others that those of us in the Southern Hemasphere will screw up the results

Some pisces qualities are self sacrificing, compassionative and sensitivity... maybe hence stress and pushing ourselves to help others to much (I was always running around after others) could run down our immune systems more? and allow us to catch this illness???? One group in which it has been found that ME/CFS more commonly appears in is nurses.. nursing is one of the pisces professions. The health issues related to pisces are said to be issues with feet and toes, chillblaines, lymphatic system, pituitary gland issues, drink/drug issues and glandular disorders.

L'engle

moogle
Seems to be about twice as many for winter months as summer months so far...

But that's not taking into account the hemisphere difference.

anne_likes_red

I'm a winter baby. :)
I added six months to my birth month - making mine a vote for December. If that's not OK just discount it.

Hip

Is it possible to add an additional 12 entries into the above poll, by duplicating all the 12 months again, but for use with people living in the southern hemisphere? You could label these 12 new entries:
• January (Southern Hemisphere)
• February (Southern Hemisphere)
etc

Or set up a new poll just for those in the southern hemisphere.

That way we could look at the Australian, New Zealand rand South Africa results, and see if ME/CFS was more common in people whose were born from pregnancies that ran during the winter too. Otherwise the southern hemisphere results will mess up the scientific usefulness of this poll.

Lack of vitamin D in pregnancy has not only been linked to multiple sclerosis, but also to autism and schizophrenia, so clearly this is an important factor in neurological disorders. Autism births occur most often in March, at the end of winter, when vitamin D levels would be lowest.

Here is a good article on autism's link to low vitamin D in pregnancy: Autism and Vitamin D

Here is a graph of the relative risk of schizophrenia for summer and winter births:
Low Sunlight Exposure/Vitamin D deficiency is associated with higher risk of schizophrenia

taniaaust1

Is it possible to add an additional 12 entries into the above poll, by duplicating all the 12 months again, but for use with people living in the southern hemisphere? You could label these 12 new entries:
• January (Southern Hemisphere)
• February (Southern Hemisphere)
etc

Or set up a new poll just for those in the southern hemisphere.

I suggest that someone set up two different poll threads.. one for the southern and one for the norther hemisphere.

Lack of vitamin D in pregnancy has not only been linked to multiple sclerosis, but also to autism and schizophrenia, so clearly this is an important factor in neurological disorders. Autism births occur most often in March, at the end of winter, when vitamin D levels would be lowest.

Here is a good article on autism's link to low vitamin D in pregnancy: Autism and Vitamin D

Very interesting as many of us here (far more then the normal odds) have children who have Aspergers. Thou my Aspie child was born before I got ME and its in my family[/quote][/quote]