• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Biofield Healing

If you want to believe in mysterious spiritual powers emanating from the ground and causing ill effects, that's your choice. However, I think it would be unethical to promote this non-scientific view of health to ME/CFS patients, as it may prevent them from seeking medical attention for their symptoms.

I am not promoting anything, other than to tell people what I feel happened to me, and not for the first time either. Another time we were at the horse races, and my truck float was parked in the float park, and the next day, the three people who traveled in the float, all felt really bad, with the same sort of symptoms as I mentioned in my last post. I feel that most people have a free choice to believe whatever they like, be it Scientific or not, as, as long as it helps them recover and feel better in some way, it does not really matter in the long run, as I feel that finding out what is causing it is the main thing. Have a nice day.

There is always potential to encounter some odd or not explainable energies in differing geographic locations...

Some people have personal experiences that suggest to them that something tangible did in fact occur.

I"ve had any number of them. So have some people I know.

I watched BOTH my grown daughter and husband standing about 100 feet apart, both were overwhelmed with the most perplexing look on their faces and each had just heard/experienced an intense energy that like just entered their bodies and came out the other side. (they said a few moments after it happened).

I had just taken them to a significant historic location...a place in a very remote area...and this SOMETHING happened. I have to believe them- I saw the looks on their faces.

The strange thing is, people with scientific knowledge are now starting to believe in the fact that the Earth's crust does have many things that emanate from it that are not good for people or animals,but that there are also some health giving energies seeping up too, but the bad ones are in bigger numbers it seems. It is the old story though, if we view things with an open mind, we have more show of sifting the wheat from the chaff, lol

Hip

I feel that most people have a free choice to believe whatever they like, be it Scientific or not, as, as long as it helps them recover and feel better in some way, it does not really matter in the long run, as I feel that finding out what is causing it is the main thing.

The reality is that once you ascribe the cause to some mysterious spiritual energy, you tend to stop looking for scientific causes.

YippeeKi YOW !!

Hi @Lovetheland
This is totally off-topic, but I thought it might be helpful to you.

When you want to respond to a specifc part of a previous post, just highlight it. A box will appear that has two options: 'Reply' or 'Quote'. If you hit the 'Reply' option, the portion that you highlighted will appear in your 'REPLY' box, and you can respond just below it.

When you hit 'Save', your post, with what you're responding to highlighted in a pink box to separate it from your answer, will appear in the thread.

Hope this saves you some time in quoting manually !!!

YippeeKi YOW !!

Hi, @YippeeKi YOW !!, thanks for that, as I have been having a struggle trying to work out the best way to do it, lol.
You're totally welcome !!! I knew nothing about any of ths when I joined up, I mean raw, raw and green as an avocado, and others on this thread helped me find my way.

I like to pass that kindness long when I can.

Here's another tip, hope it's not information overload:
  • If there are several things in a post you want to respond to, do the same as above:
  • Highlight the first thing you want to respond to, the pop-up box will appear and give you the choice of 'Quote' or 'Reply' ....
  • Hit 'Quote'. Unlike with 'Reply', you won;t be immediately shifted down to your 'REPLY' box, you can just mosey along to the next portion you want to respond to and highlight that one, then hit 'Quote' in the pop-up box again. You can do this as often as you'd like....
  • When you're done choosing the portions of a post you want to respond to, scroll down to your 'REPLY' box, and underneath it on the left side, you'll see "Insert Quotes" ....
  • Click on that, and a window with the quotes you've selected will appear. You can rearrange the order of them if you'd like, or you can remove any of them that you don;t want, or just hit 'Quote Messages' and they'll all appear in the order you selected.
  • Be careful to place your response UNDERNEATH each quote, or it'll all appear in a great pink blob.

Hope this isn't more than you need to know right now, I know how confusing it all seems at first. It took me awhile to get a handle on it. Now, it's automatic.

If only my typing were as concise :):) :nervous::nervous::nervous: :bang-head::bang-head:....

EDITED .... as usual, for typos

EDITED... a second time for the typo above in "EDUTED", corrected to EDITED ....

EDITED yet again, for another typo in the above "EDITED" ..... this is getting ridic ....

Last edited:
Hi, I found this and thought it might help explain a bit about Energies
Namaste

GLOSSARY OF DOWSING TERMS N-R
Negative
A term used to indicate energy of a specific type, i.e. opposite to positive. This use of the word negative does not necessarily indicate any similarity in earth energies to the behaviour of electricity or magnetism. Whilst that is so it may be that some energies that are dowsed have electrical and/or magnetic components. Lunar energy is thought to be negative as is yin energy. Some negative energy is detrimental to various forms of life.
Node
a) A node is found at the intersection of two or more energy lines, giving a highly charged point of energy, often associated with a power centre. Usually the lines will narrow to a point at the node.
b) Seven nodes are to be found on most ancient standing stones. Five are above ground level and two are on the section of the stone below ground level. They are likened to the seven major chakras of the human body. Nodes can be found at many places other than standing stones.
Noxious Energy
A type of energy that may be harmful to humans or some other species of life or vegetation. This is generally found in association with underground water and at the crossing points of some types of energy line. It is considered that noxious energy will cause geopathic stress in humans and most animals and affect the growth of trees etc. Other forms of life, ants, cats etc. thrive in the presence of noxious energy.
Overgrounds
Vertical sinuous waves that are emitted from standing stones, energy streams from quarries and radial lines from radar stations, etc. At source they may be unhealthy or healthy, as far as humans are concerned. They have been likened to invisible magnetic curtains, and the waves can be very close together, sometimes too close to be measured. All of the waves or overgrounds can easily be identified as they run in regimented, parallel streams, unlike subterranean fissures, for instance, which wander around in a haphazard fashion (first observed by D Cowan).
Parallels (or Sidebands)
A term used by Guy Underwood to describe parallel lines that run on either side of the centre of a geodetic line. He also called these secondary lines.
Petron
A unit of charge of a stone or other object as defined by Havelock J Fidler. It is the ratio between the standard swing for a particular rateand the observed swing. The method of computing this ratio is complex and is therefore dubious as to its usefulness.
Pictogram
A picture, diagram or shape found in the energy field by dowsing. Another term for Geoglyph.
See also: Manifestation
Piezoelectricity
The appearance of a positive electric charge on one side of certain non-conductive crystals and negative charge on the opposite side when the crystals are subjected to mechanical pressure (Example: In a dark room, quartz crystals will be seen to glow when rubbed together).
Planetary Grid
A regular pattern of crossing energy lines detectable on the Earth’s surface, similar to earth grids, but relating to other planets. Grid lines are much farther apart than those of earth grids. Grids of all the planets as far as Saturn have been detected (first observed by W. A. Gawn)
Polarisation
Polarisation is the preferred direction of light, radio and earth energy waves. All have oscillating and overlapping electric and magnetic fields which travel in planes perpendicular to each other. There can be horizontal, vertical, circular and elliptical polarisation.
Polarity
Polarity is used to indicate opposites such as positive and negative, male and female. The relationship between polarity and the dowsing response is not universal, but can be identified by a different action such as a rod turning up or down or a pendulum rotating clockwise or anticlockwise.
Positive
A term used to indicate energy of a specific type, i.e. opposite to negative. This use of the word positive does not necessarily indicate any similarity in earth energies to the behaviour of electricity or magnetism. Whilst that is so it may be that some energies that are dowsed have electrical and/or magnetic components. Solar energy is thought to be positive as is yangenergy. Some positive energy can be beneficial to various forms of life.
Potable
Used to describe water of good drinking quality. This can be assessed by dowsing on a scale of 1-100. Some water dowsers use a Mager Rosetteto assess quality.
Power Centre
A place where there is an intensity of beneficial energy and a meeting point of yang and yin earth energies. Power centres are associated with blind springs that have at least one energy ley crossing them and are found at most ancient sacred sites, frequently accompanied by radialsand/or a geospiral. However, they can also be found elsewhere. Power centres are generally considered to be places suitable for spiritual enlightenment and healing. Dowsers using a sleeved L-rod have noted that when directly over a power centre the rod will rotate through 360 degrees.
Prana
It is the life force, ch’i or spirit that permeates all matter. The healing energy released through yoga and other means is known as prana. This term is sometimes used by geomancers and feng-shuipractitioners.
Pranayama
The method of controlling Prana in the body is called Pranayama. It is a system of yogic breathing techniques and must be supervised by a teacher. When properly trained the Prana can be directed to specific internal organs.
Primary Water
Primary (or Juvenile) water is formed inside the earth, as opposed to surface water that is formed in the atmosphere as rain, snow, etc. The primary water theory says that steam formed under great pressure, deep in the earth, is forced upwards, condensing as it gets closer to the surface. This occurs in deep faults and fractures; where these are, vertical Blind Springs or domes are formed. At places where primary water is found the energy will be predominately yin or negative in nature.
Psionics or Psionic Medicine
A term used to describe a method of diagnosis and treatment, coined by Dr. George Laurence. In its practice, diagnosis is performed by swinging a pendulum over printed charts. The appropriate treatment is discovered by means of witnesses (a hair or sample of some kind from the patient) and is administered by using homeopathic remedies to cleanse the body of toxic imbalances and also miasma (putrid matter). It is similar in many ways to the practice of Radionics or Radiesthesia.
Radials
radials.gif

A series of energy linesradiating out from a source point. These lines terminate some distance from the source point, the larger the source the greater length of the lines. They usually terminate in a spiral and are not of equal length or equal distance apart. They can be of different polarities, i.e. negative, positive or neutral.
Radiesthesia
Derived from the French word ‘radiesthésie’ coined by the Abbé Bouly. The term is used interchangeably with dowsing. It derives from roots meaning ‘radiation’ and ‘perception’. Radiästhesie is the corresponding German word. In English radiesthesia is most commonly used for medical applications.
Radionics
(a) Originally a method of diviningintroduced by Albert Abrams for the treatment of disease and developed further by Ruth Drown and George de la Warr. It employs a system of numerical codes which in diagnosis are read from, and for treatment are sent on, a series of engraved dials mounted on a ‘Black Box’. The original box contained incomplete electrical circuits connected to the metal backing of a rubber ‘stick pad’ whose suddenly increased friction to a stroking finger was used to detect the dowsing response.
(b) Now extended to cover the medical uses of a dowsing pendulum in association with interpretative charts to indicate the diagnosis and treatment of a patient’s condition, as in medical radiesthesia.
Rate
A number that is characteristic of some constituent of the sought object, and which enables a dowser to distinguish it from intervening and surrounding objects containing different materials.
By concentrating on the corresponding rate a dowser looking for water avoids being confused by metal objects, and one seeking a lost gold ring is not distracted by an iron pipe. By some the rate is associated with the rate or periodicity of the linking vibration. A dowser’s ability to distinguish his target’s rate among others present has been explained by analogy with the physical phenomenon of resonance, which is used in tuning a radio receiver. It can be looked upon as the energy signature. There are no generally agreed rates for different substances; each dowser has to discover or can chose his or her own table of rates.
See also: Long Pendulum, Bovis Biometer
Remanence
An imprint of energy that is said to remain long after an object has been removed. Also refers to obfuscating energy patterns left behind by previous dowsers, either intentionally or unintentionally.
Reversal Point
A location on the Earth’s surface where, if an object is placed it will cause a reversal of the earthing of detrimental energy and allow it to invade our living environment. This can occur naturally due to the topography of the Earth or through casual or intentional actions by humans.

YippeeKi YOW !!

Hi, I found this and thought it might help explain a bit about Energies
Namaste
GLOSSARY OF DOWSING TERMS N-R

This is interesting stuff, @Lovetheland. There's so much about energy fields that I know nothing about, and I'm guessing that I'm not alone in that.

I think it would fit in very nicely to the Something To Ponder thread, which deals with all things metaphysical, and needs some new blood ....

Here's a link ... I think you'll find some things there that resonate .....
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/something-to-ponder.75478/

Rufous McKinney

all felt really bad, with the same sort of symptoms as I mentioned in my last post.

My husband had a very strange experience- a bout of flu lasting about 36 hours. (raging fever, body ache)

But was it the flu? It was one of the oddest experiences of his life. We are driving, headed out of Flagstaff...when we pull over on the frontage road...a man is there hitchiking..we stopped, husband gave him a dollar.....

About 3 minutes later- the hallucinagentic fever begins, I have to drive...he is in the back seat and in some kind of delirium for the entire cosmic Sedona.

Known to have vortexes.

Husband is just about never sick. So that alone was a shocker. During this episode- I have tovdo all the driving to get back home 100s of miles...and he hallucinates like his entire life occurred in the back seat.

He was handed a book about the vortexes some time later...and "I Swear that was not a normal cold".... says he.

I think it would fit in very nicely to the Something To Ponder thread, which deals with all things metaphysical, and needs some new blood ....

Hi YippieKi Yow!! , Yes, that's a good Thread, and one of the reasons I joined this site, and I felt a strong feeling that I should join up to maybe share some of the things that have happened to me over time. Do you think I should move that message to there, and is it allowed if I do,?
Namaste

My husband had a very strange experience- a bout of flu lasting about 36 hours. (raging fever, body ache)

But was it the flu? It was one of the oddest experiences of his life. We are driving, headed out of Flagstaff...when we pull over on the frontage road...a man is there hitchiking..we stopped, husband gave him a dollar.....

About 3 minutes later- the hallucinagentic fever begins, I have to drive...he is in the back seat and in some kind of delirium for the entire cosmic Sedona.

Known to have vortexes.

Husband is just about never sick. So that alone was a shocker. During this episode- I have tovdo all the driving to get back home 100s of miles...and he hallucinates like his entire life occurred in the back seat.

He was handed a book about the vortexes some time later...and "I Swear that was not a normal cold".... says he.

Oh yes, it seems as if it is a very powerful place

YippeeKi YOW !!

Hi YippieKi Yow!! , Yes, that's a good Thread, and one of the reasons I joined this site, and I felt a strong feeling that I should join up to maybe share some of the things that have happened to me over time. Do you think I should move that message to there, and is it allowed if I do,?
It's absolutely allowed !!!

I think maybe you could copy-and-paste it to that site, while also leaving it here on this one. I'm a believer to a large degree in the invisible, unknowable serendipity of what moves us in an immediate moment, and am loath to meddle in that.

If you want, I can do that for you (the copy-and-paste move) until you get your sea legs under you. If you decide to move it in its entirety to that thread, only a moderator can do that for you.

Either way is good , doncha' know :woot::woot: :thumbsup::thumbsup: .....