• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

big food/stomach issues

Tammie

over the last yr my MCS (I think that's what is causing this - have not totally ruled out everything else though) has increasingly limited which foods I can eat......finally figured out all the ones that cause vomiting, so I have eliminated those

now, the very few foods that are left are ALL causing diarrhea.....& the kind where I have almost no warning....so far no actual accidents, but this is so NOT fun, and is making it incredibly hard to hang onto my eating disorder recovery, too

and I think that it is effecting my electrolytes, too, bc I have been passing out a lot lately

I do have a Dr appt next week, so I am obviously going to bring this up with him, but I am feeling the need to write about it now......a week feels like a long time away & I have so many things to address with him, that even though he does spend a lot of time with me, I am not sure how much we will be able to cover

(& this is high on my lists of priorities, but unfortunately trying to get him to fill out info for student loan forgiveness has to take top priority (if I can manage to convince him to do so - it was really hard to even get him to sign somethign for a permanent disabled parking permit, bc he kept saying that this MAY not be a permanent disability......if I cannot get him to sign the loan thing I am completely and totally screwed- no way can I pay anything on loans when I am not making enough on SSDI to meet my most basic needs)