• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Beware of Articles About ME That Conceal Support for GET/CBT

Nielk

New blog -
I have seen articles and blogs widely shared and recommended by patient advocates and organizations which appear on the surface to be factual and affirmative yet, on close inspection contain misinformation about myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) and even include recommendations for harmful treatments such as graded exercise therapy (GET) and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).

• When an individual gets that super-malaise from exertion, that can foster kinesiophobia, or fear of movement,” .. “If you can empower the patient to find movements that don’t trigger that, while correlating to patient-identified problems and impairments that you’ve noted, your therapeutic alliance with that patient improves, along with the prognosis“.

https://relatingtome.net/2017/09/14/beware-of-articles-about-me-that-conceal-support-for-getcbt/

Back