• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Beach Day

belize44

We are heading out to the shore tomorrow for a few hours. We had planned this about a week ago but for the past two days I have been about moderately crashed; brain fog, shortness of breath, fatigue, mild muscle and back pain.

Does anyone have any pointers on hacks to make it not be an exhausting nightmare? I can't swim, so that won't be an issue. I just hope to wade in the lovely salt water and rest most of the time there. Because of food sensitivities we plan to take our own food in a cooler and plenty of salt and magnesium water. Any other tips or ideas?

Rufous McKinney

That sounds wonderful! For me, its about how bright it might be, and the breeze, and the intense grittiness of it all.

My last trip down to the beach, it was cool and windy so I was burrowing into the warm sand, in a jacket and my hat and sun glasses, my toddler granddaughter a bit shocked at the whole thing. Pretty much I was lying down, and peeking out now and again.

We didn't go down near the water. It was still really nice just being near it!

belize44

We made the trip. We only stayed on the beach for two hours, and ate our sandwiches. I waded a bit, but mostly just drank in the sights. The drive was exhausting and I am thoroughly crashed. But it was well worth it!

lenora

I'm glad that you reported back about your "excursion" Belize. Good for you. Sometimes it's worth it to do something that feeds our soul even though it's hard on the body. I'm happy for you. Yours, Lenora