• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bad Nights Full Of Adrenaline-Anyone Else?

EtherSpin

I get the shaky adrenalised,super anxious evenings after exertion or some event like an argument (never my lovely wife but if its a colleague,family member etc) and can avoid it by taking the suntheanine variant of L-theanine which is a brilliant anti anxiety compound (found in green tea and mushrooms) that induces alpha waves in the brain which keep you calmer - this helps sleep in that you have nothing bothering you to keep you awake but it doesnt induce any drowsiness -
its important to get any form of the "suntheanine" variety which is refined down to be pure L-theanine , other stuff is actually a 50/50 mixture of L-theanine and D-theanine and because d-theanine is inactive and blocks the receptors L uses it makes every dose potentially 4 times less effective - I usually get doctors best brand and have 4X whats recommended on the pack (doses much higher are safe and healthy too) because the recommendation is for people who dont suffer anxiety. that equates to about 700mg of theanine per day, makes me calmer than Ive been all my life.