• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

B vitamins no effect unless taken in combination with other vitamins

fishboy9320

I tried B2 it made me feel better on day one but that was also the day I stop taking folate and b12 . Next sessions of b2 the upcoming days it made me feel worse. But if I take it with b12 and folate it works better. I believe it is because these b1, b2, b3, b5, b6 and b7 just kickstart the engine and start using your nutrients in the body including vitamin C, zinc , iron etc up quicker. Am I right on this? Sort of like co factors. They dont provide energy from the b vitamins themselves but from increase the body metabolism and activating its pathways so it burns the food you have for energy. So if there isnt an full active of enzymes by vitamins it wont be enough . Another thing if you are severely deficient in the vitamins taking them orally wont be absorbed as effectively in stomach or big intestine since the enzymes for those are very inactive.
If something causes immense pain when injected white blood cells will be sent to that location and kill the substance rather than it be absorbed so IV it instead of IM or SUBQ. Also one way to know if b12 is fake or not in an ampoule is to see if there are no big bubbles in there or not if there isn't it most likely fake.
My other theory is vitamin b2 is by turning up my metabolism it causes free radicals in the body that has no way of going away unless taken with vitamin c. Fake b12 is also not as dark red. etc usually

Last edited:

Wishful

Has anyone come across any information about how much taking a supplement tablet actually changes serum levels over 24 hrs and also several days? I expect that with some nutrients and already reasonable serum levels, much of the excess will just end up down the toilet. Missing a few day of supplements might not change much either, since we store quite a lot of those nutrients. Significant changes from supplements might indicate an abnormality in nutrient levels or absorption rate or utilization.

fishboy9320

Blood levels changes after the first injection since it is all absorbed and you have the maximum levels (if you inject a lot) you could ever have regardless of current levels in the body. Oral supplements the absorption is probably limited by the gut itself depended not just on blood levels but also if more is needed by the body to use up. I personally feel a difference if I don't take it everyday (cause my health is bad and im very deficient for long) the body gets rid of the excess quickly even if you need it.

Last edited: