• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Attack on Lipkin/Hornig and Fluge in a medical magazine

Esther12

The bias on these forums is pretty staggering sometimes. Mads Reimer makes some good points.

Just to be clear, my problem with Reimer is that he has much lower standards for psychosocial work. In that context his newest piece is more irritating than if it had been written in isolation.

I think that so long as it's done with fully informed concern, a properly conducted and rigorous trial of a drug intervention following on from a chance observation is perfectly reasonable.

Asa

IMO, Mats Reimer (blog author and Swedish pediatrician) is a nasty piece of work who has for years used his blog to denigrate particular patient groups and legitimatize the healthcare system's neglect and abuse of said individuals and their families.

I will admit though to not having read this most recent piece. Just can't bring myself to go there given previous experiences with his opinions and attitudes and their very cruel real-world consequences for so many.