• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article on creatine and methylation "your-cells-are-starving-for-creatine"

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
found it quite interesting,
can't afford 1-2 pound meat though, so i guess that leaves me with supplement, but i do not tolerate creatine supplement either.

https://chrismasterjohnphd.substack.com/p/your-cells-are-starving-for-creatine

What is it about creatine supplements you don't tolerate?
Creatine monohydrate is the most common and cheapest form and also what most studies use. There are other creatine forms if you haven't tried might be of benefit to you???

Another option is to try the three amino acids that the body makes creatine from ie Arginine, Glycine and Methionine. I've never tried this so no idea on doses to use but I'm sure it would be easy to find.

hapl808

All the research on creatine always looks promising. But I've tried both monohydrate and hydrochloride and found no benefits. Same even back when I was very mild and took it for weightlifting.

linusbert

for one it disturbs my gut even in low dosages in 500mg range or lower.
and whats worse it increases cramping of my muscles which is my main symptom.

but on 2 or 3 occassions after taking just 500mg, i got on the same day a strength in my legs which was incredible. it felt like flying.
but i couldnt replicate it. probably its using up another cofactor i couldnt figur out.

phosphat is important for creatine monohydrate as the body needs to use its own phosphat stores to transfer the phosphat to it required to store it in the muscle as phosphocreatine.
never dared to try a phosphat supplement. but in blood work i am usually on the borderline lower side of the spectrum... but thats for me the case with almost everything.

junkcrap50

never dared to try a phosphat supplement. but in blood work i am usually on the borderline lower side of the spectrum... but thats for me the case with almost everything.
What's the cause for caution to a phosphate supplement? Are you very sensitive to things? Or have kidney issues?

There is a thread or two on here about some people improving on phosphate supplement, maybe I think (might be imagining) one person nearly recovered using it. But I bought some years ago and tried it - thinking it was missing a cofactor from my methylation experiments. I didn't notice anything by taking it. As long as you're taking a reasonable dosage and not for long term, I wouldn't necessarily be harmful.

linusbert

What's the cause for caution to a phosphate supplement? Are you very sensitive to things? Or have kidney issues?
yea i am sensitive to many things. alone using a bit of potassiumchloride salt over food instead of nacl makes me a few hours problem.
phosphate is a electrolyte, and it can throw chaos into balance of the other electrolytes.

There is a thread or two on here about some people improving on phosphate supplement, maybe I think (might be imagining) one person nearly recovered using it.
i do believe this. its important cofactor for atp. i also had read a paper from a doctor writing about this (phosphate and MAD). i even have his supplement bought, and even recommended it to others in the forum, but as of now, its over expiration date because i feared to try it for years.

i also have already at least 100% of phosphat demands fulfilled with my diet, i eat lot of cheese, whole wheat

its a german paper:
https://www.dr-kuklinski.info/wp-co...thaushalt-muskelschmerzen-schwaechen-2022.pdf

can be uploaded to google translate for english:
https://translate.google.com/?hl=de/&sl=de&tl=en&op=docs

Last edited:

Hip

for one it disturbs my gut even in low dosages in 500mg range or lower.

It's the creatine monohydrate form of creatine which disturbs the stomach and causes stomach pain. This is because creatine converts to toxic creatinine by the action of the stomach acid.

But if you take creatine hydrochloride instead, there is very little conversion to creatinine, so no stomach upset.

Creatine hydrochloride is more potent too, so you can take a lower dose compared to monohydrate, and get the same effect. More info in this post.

linusbert

It's the creatine monohydrate form of creatine which disturbs the stomach and causes stomach pain. This is because creatine converts to toxic creatinine by the action of the stomach acid.

But if you take creatine hydrochloride instead, there is very little conversion to creatinine, so no stomach upset.

Creatine hydrochloride is more potent too, so you can take a lower dose compared to monohydrate, and get the same effect. More info in this post.
my stomach doesnt make problems, its the guts afterwards as in diarrhea.

where can i get good creatine hydrochloride? is there something based on creapure?

Back