• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Are You Guys Able to Get PainKillers (Hydrocodone) It the only thing that Helps me

frozenborderline

I have mostly untreated chronic pain. But I also have a major neurosurgery on the east coast planned for a month from now. I need to find a good pain doc asap, but many pain management clinics seem like nightmares and I am exhausted in the search.
The following is a review of the only pain clinic I was recommended, St Vincent of christus spine and pain in santa fe:
Shana M 2 reviews 10 months ago- They treated me like I wasn't in pain. They told me to exercise my pain away. And that fibromyalgia is a mind disease and yoga can cure it. I need to take Ibuprofen and that will help. Even though I have suffered from chronic pain for over 13 years and ibuprofen does nothing for me. They treated me for a whole month then cut me off of pain meds after just one month. I have hashimotos and fibromyalgia and yet they wouldn't actually treat my plan. She was cold and mean spirited.""

I have ME/CFS. the pain is not from ME/CFS, its from craniocervical instability, which is less of a "syndrome" and more of a thing you can see on an MRI thats known to be life threatening and serious, but this is still a major red flag, if they treated me like I could exercise my pain away , when I have ME/CFS, this would be dangerous. So I need to find a doctor or pain clinic thats more understanding. I know there's not a ton in New mexico. There was a family medicine doctor I went to, not for pain, just for a valley fever scare, in santa fe, who fit the bill of a good doctor who could treat pain and was an excellent generalist who would do house calls, but he got forced to resign for his pain prescribing practices.

I would love to find a palliative care doctor that can do house calls , since i may be bedridden for a bit after the surgery, and they tend to be more personalized... but if any of y'all have pain clinics that work really well for you, I'll give them a try.

Seven7

Seven
My best things for pain
Was not go over my AT.
Avoid sugar and allergens
And before I discovered all the above, l glutamine helped the most.
I get a reaction to codine and any drug that touches autonomic function so if I take for pain. I get the shaking worst