• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Are You Guys Able to Get PainKillers (Hydrocodone) It the only thing that Helps me

frozenborderline

I am a member of pharmacyreviewer.co, but I never built up enough posts to get into the secret members area where they discuss controlled drug pharmacies.
maybe i can review mimaki family pharmacy 20 times to start since i think i've made the same order from them about 20 times!

Hip

do they still have this policy of 60 posts, then you can reach that area of the forum?

Not sure, I have not looked that forum for probably a couple of years now. I remember some discussion where they changed the rules so that not only do you need to reach 60s posts, but also if you did not keep posting regularly, you would also loose access. So too much hassle for me, and I don't actually need any controlled drugs, though I am curious about what sort of pharmacies are in their private members area (if this area still exists).

Tammy

A friend of mine with MS takes a supplement called BIO Nutrition California poppy seed. She says it is a high quality extract in caps. She says it doesn't take all of her pain away.......but definitely helps.

frozenborderline

A friend of mine with MS takes a supplement called BIO California poppy seed. I believe it is an extract? She says it doesn't take all of her pain away.......but definitely helps. Just to note: She takes more than what is suggested on bottle.
california poppy is a different poppy than the one wayne and i were talking about. we were talking about opium poppy seeds which have morphine residue. california poppy is a totally different plant that has milder sedative effects, gabaergic. I actually used to grow both kinds of poppies at home in vermont!

Tammy

california poppy is a different poppy than the one wayne and i were talking about. we were talking about opium poppy seeds which have morphine residue. california poppy is a totally different plant that has milder sedative effects, gabaergic. I actually used to grow both kinds of poppies at home in vermont!
Hmmmmm. I'll have to tell her about the poppy seed you guys are talking about. Is nuts.com the only place you have found them?

frozenborderline

Not sure, I have not looked that forum for probably a couple of years now. I remember some discussion where they changed the rules so that not only do you need to reach 60s posts, but also if you did not keep posting regularly, you would also loose access. So too much hassle for me, and I don't actually need any controlled drugs, though I am curious about what sort of pharmacies are in their private members area (if this area still exists).
yes it seems like a pain in the ass and a little unfair to people that aren't huge consumers. I get wanting to make sure people are real tho

frozenborderline

Hmmmmm. I'll have to tell her about the poppy seed you guys are talking about. Is nuts.com the only place you have found them?
its been more than six months since i last took poppy seed tea, and in that time, nuts.com has supposedly gone bad. some companies start changing their seed sourdce and using "washed" seeds which removes the morphine and leaves you with a bitter stew of other alkaloids and minerals that may be either harmless or cause uncomfortable overstimulation, but no pain relief.

i have heard from others that its especially difficult to find good poppy seeds now. my advice would be to try growing poppies yourself, its not hard, and the harvest will be better than any current commercial seeds (use the crushed pods instead). of course that means waiting months or more for pain relief, but its something...

frozenborderline

I'm not surprised.
It's sad... It's a whole thing that wasn't hurting most people and was helping many chronic pain people , but one kid oded on poppy seed tea (it can be hard to dose... But it's been used for millennia and can be dosed) and then all of the sudden they're literally trying to make selling unwashed poppy seeds illegal! Even if the law doesn't pass it has sort of seemed to pressure businesses

frozenborderline

The main problem with opioid analgesics is development of tolerance. Its inherently a problem for a few reasons. One, cost. two, tolerance to analgesic /therapeutic effects develops faster than tolerance to side effects of various kinds. For example, you could develop tolerance to the painkilling effects of oxy, but not the respiratory depression or constipation, thus making the toxic to therapeutic dose ratio way smaller.

There are two main types of medication that I can think of for attenuating the development of opioid tolerance. I believe @Hip has already covered NMDA antagonists, but the other class of medication is opioid antagonists (at low doses).

(interestingly, kratom has all of these: opioid agonists, low doses of opioid antagonists, and nmda antagonists, all in it. If i wasn't so intolerant to the stimulant effects , I'd say its a perfect med for me)

I had read a little on ultra low dose naltrexone and low dose naltrexone for attenuating opioid tolerance and side effects, and i was prescribed it for pain/inflammation anyway, so I have decided to try and use it to help keep my tolerance reasonable. It seems very promising but I don't have any idea if there's a bunch of solid evidence on the dose range or schedule needed to totally reset tolerance.

[This](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20398374) study shows ultra low dose naltrexone attenuating morphine tolerance in rats. [This one](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5469510/) shows that adding uldn to oxycodone attenuates hyperalgesia that can occur in long term opioid use for chronic pain. There was a drug in development, oxytrex, that was a combination of oxy and ultra low dose naltrexone, to help attenuate side effects/tolerance to oxy, idk why it never came to market.

ULDN is a way lower dose range than LDN. It seems like LDN is not used in these studies bc it is more likely to either block some of the analgesia, or precipitate withdrawals, which could be nightmarish especially in chronic users. But since im not dependent on opioids, im more comfortable getting near that boundary, and it seems like the higher dose range of LDN might be more helpful in actually reversing tolerance, whereas uLDN only slightly attenuates it. I also read a now-deleted post from r/opiates in which someone said LDN, not uLDN, totally keeps them from gaining tolerance, but they had to start the LDN before the opioids and take it daily.

Also kratom users sometimes take stem and vein kratom, which has more of the opioid antagonists and less agonists, to reset their tolerance, and it seems to work well.

I had an experience with too high a dose of LDN (I believe it was 1.5 mg) taken too soon after my opioid dose, seemed to cause dysphoria and negative symptoms. But when taken after the opioid effects totally wear off, it has few side effects, so maybe I should be dosing higher? My dose is usually like .5 mg a day.

The theory is that it upregulates opioid receptor density in response to a partial blockade. this is part of my theory of why LDN works for some chronic pain patients, on its own, that it increases opioid recceptor density so ones sensitivity to ones own endorphins is way higher. From personal experience/anecdote in the past i felt like it took about five days of 1 to 1.5 mg doses of LDN before i was experiencing "getting extremely high off my own endorphins". I did experience some episodes of agitation, insomnia, and hypertension from the LDN, but I don't think thats normal, and the hypertension wasn't too bad.

So all in all, it seems like there are a few studies on uLDN for this purpose, promising but not a ton of evidence, a bunch of anecdotes, and very few studies on LDN for resetting tolerance (although there are studies on its use as an antiinflammatory and for chronic pain, like [this one](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3962576/) , from which we might infer it could help with tolerance?)

This was a little bit rambling but I guess I'd be interested in any form of evidence on this topic, anecdotal or published, since the existing evidence is so scant. Has anyone here had experience with uldn or LDN for tolerance? Has anyone found good posts on reddit or forums about it? or good studies?

frozenborderline

Oh, okay, i forgot one other significant pharmacological category that seems to attenuate mu opioid tolerance: kappa opioid agonists. This includes ibogaine and salvinorin a , but the former seems like it has more potential for cardiotoxicity and physical adverse effects.

salvinorin a is the key component of salvia divinorum, a dissociative hallucinogen plant from mexico. it is not illegal in the united states. It is sometimes used smoked, but is apparently less overly intense, and less terrifying when chewed in a quid as its traditionally used. however, i'm not sure about sourcing.
If you read this, you can see that salvinorin a attenuates morphine tolerance and has analgesic effects itself. Ibogaine is anecdotally known to totally reset opioid receptors within a few days of use. I could see salvinorin having similar effects.

Does anyone have thoughts on the above categories?

frozenborderline

Sodium thiosuflate induced negative symptoms

My sodium thiosulfate negative symptoms : different type of headache than normal (not just back of the head, all around ), nystagmus, tingling in extremities (this one kind of extreme ) , and cognitive trouble focusing (not normal brain fog but odd feeling that my brain was agitated and uncomfortable but couldn't focus on a single thought at once ) , and then insomnia.

I narrowed it down to sodium thiosuflate even tho I also took enterosgel and cholestyramine bc I took the sodium thiosulfate a separate time too

The extremities tingling thing makes me think it could be induced copper deficiency , despite Dan testing me for high copper. Maybe the better way to deal w copper would be to take the correct form of copper , and then zinc. I can't remember what correct form of copper is tho. Will be trying lactoferrin soon as well.

The dose of sodium thiosulfate was an initial dose of 100 mg, and then a full gram or 1.5 g dose

I know one prescription-free overseas pharmacy that sells opioid pain medications: www.tramadolandfioricet.net which is reviewed here. If you join pharmacyreviewer.co and build up to I believe it is 60 posts, they give you access to a private area of the forum where they discuss pharmacies that sell controlled drugs like pain meds.

Have you ever tried benfotiamine 300 mg for muscle and nerve pain? There's some good reports online. It's a cheap supplement.

Hip, do you know where I can get Ivermectin without a prescription?

frozenborderline

Theres a report from a mod on bluelight about memantine dramatically reducing his opiate tolerance. From 200 mg morphine a day to feeling strong effects from 10 mg. This is an absolutely huge difference, and hes reported many beneficial effects from memantine besifes that. Its been used off label in me/cfs. Its used in alzheimers. Its an nmda antagonist

hamsterman

Wow, this thread has some great nuggets of info....(I really should follow this forum more often).
I am ordering some memantine as we speak. I have plenty of Naltrexone which I will take now, and see if it helps with a 5-day regimen of Oxy later this week.

I was able to get the 'phantom opium' effect from LDN by itself for a couple weeks, but that was it. I tried everything I could to maintain it, but I just couldn't. But during those weeks... it cut brain my fog by about 50%, and marginally improved fatigue.... and I became quite productive.

But taking the real stuff... actual opiates like hydrocodone & Oxycodone is far more effective; the fog just 'dissapears'. But as you say... the benefit seems to disappear with the tolerance... but the side effects/dangers don't. So fighting this tolerance is key.

I'll also be trying dermorphin in a few weeks; as it may potentially offer the brain-fog reduction but without euphoria. @Hip is the only other person with CFS to try it, and it sure seemed like the real deal, but it gave him a very bad rebound after 4 days; so we shall see.