• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Are there any ideas for natural treatment of tethered cord and cci?

IThinkImTurningJapanese

Hey thanks for posting, do you know of this can detether at all? or just help with symptoms?
All I could tell you is that I’ve always had pain at the right-side top of my spine where it meets my skull.
LLLT alleviates this pain when used regularly.

@Hip knows a bit more than I about this, it was his recommendation that got me here.

IThinkImTurningJapanese

@Hip If I remember correctly, you had been trying to make your own LLLT unit, since they were quite expensive. The one I linked to is Made in China, but it seems to be much the same quality as my iPhone, also Made in China.

I use it anytime my neck starts hurting and my son, who's a bodybuilder, uses it frequently for sore muscles.

I think you mentioned @ScottTriGuy moving up one level from it's use.

Hip

@Hip If I remember correctly, you had been trying to make your own LLLT unit, since they were quite expensive. The one I linked to is Made in China, but it seems to be much the same quality as my iPhone, also Made in China.

Yes, you can make your own red light therapy device just by buying some red light bulbs. You can then shine the light on various body areas, including the brain, and obtain some benefits. You can place it on your forehead for example and get a mild cognitive boost.

However, I don't know whether such therapy would have any benefits for a tethered cord.

Rufous McKinney

I don't know whether such therapy would have any benefits for a tethered cord.

tethered cord has something to do with scar tissue. So thinking about it as ..what helps reduce scar tissue or what might ...help that?

I am now wondering about proteolytic enzymes.

Rufous McKinney

think is i am worried those will damage my ligaments

well, maybe we have no idea what those enzymes do in bodies. Does anybody do studies on that?

"they go after protein that not supposed to be there"...is the story.

A friend canceled his Stent. His artery was no longer clogged.

they help my lungs. But because I get detox effects, I am frequently only taking it rarely.

Rufous McKinney

Review Article on using Serrapeptase: (aka serratiopeptidase)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7585045/?report=reader

excerpt from abstract:

Serratiopeptidase is a proteolytic enzyme having immense applications in therapeutic areas which have been validated by several in vitro, in vivo, and clinical studies as well as through anecdotal evidences. These applications are attributable to its versatile properties including anti-inflammatory, anti-biofilm, analgesic, anti-edemic, and fibrinolytic effects. The significant impact of serratiopeptidase reported needs to be backed by more scientific data. This review encompasses the details of therapeutic applications of serratiopeptidase based on available in vitro, in vivo, and clinical studies. We found some strong evidences regarding the efficacy of serratiopeptidase. However data on safety, tolerability, and its mechanism of action need detailing.

Rufous McKinney

BIoFILMS.....

I'm still going down this theory rabbit hole.

So what if we have Good biofilms: full of all the right components; but instead we end up with a bad biofilm problem that needs: correcting.

We don't think of our blood stream as having biofilm. But it does.

https://www.naturalmedicinejournal.com/journal/bacterial-growth-arteries-implicated-heart-attacks

this discussion in this article is quite interesting...

bacteria and other organisms can exist in "planktonic" form. Or they can be effectively sequestered in biofilm.

Antibiotics can go after them when planktonic.

excerpt:

"Acute infections are assumed to involve planktonic bacteria and are generally treatable with antibiotics. As sessile biofilms, the same bacterial infections often develop into a chronic state, untreatable with antibiotics and capable of evading the body’s defenses.4 Biofilms adhere to a substrate or matrix that is not necessarily alive or even organic; they are notorious for forming on implanted medical devices made from inert plastics, such as indwelling catheters. Biofilm infections like pneumonia in cystic fibrosis patients; chronic wounds; chronic otitis media, prostatitis, or sinusitis; and implant- and catheter-associated infections affect millions of people, primarily in the developed world. Since biolfilms are so resistant to treatment, understanding their biology is vital."

CAUTION: one can trigger cardiac events if one suddenly disperses biofilm...........

(and this is probably why I take one maybe once a week) (my approach is less is always better than more)

This is getting complicated, so I can't continue to build my theory today. I feel these biofilm are interfacing with our ongoing immune problems. And our blood flow issues.

Excerpt from the Conclusion:

"It also becomes critically important for us to both inhibit and to gently and gradually disperse biofilms with natural agents such as arginine, quercetin, berberine, nitric oxide, garlic, grapeseed extract, curcumin from turmeric, tannins, and eugenol. There is established benefit associated with these agents in the prevention and management of many chronic diseases, diseases that are now associated with biofilms. This pathophysiology ultimately lends further argument to the unique value of lifestyle strategies and natural agents in the prevention and management of chronic disease."

IThinkImTurningJapanese