• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Aor b12 hydroxy changed? Genuine?

IMG_20180823_170545.jpg

Anyone taking aor b12 hydroxy?
I noticed the tablet changed. From right to left? The new one is small and purple color taste sweet.
Its just that i bought it from different vendor so im worried if its genuine. Can someone share some info?
Thanks a lot :)

I saw on their website the bottle has changed too. But mine is still like this. With same exp date.
IMG_20180823_172250.jpg

Last edited:

Chris

I have noticed that several brands of B12 have changed recently to very small things that dissolve very fast; my guess is that they all are supplied by one (Japanese?) source. I do wonder if the rapid dissolving weakens their bioavailability.

I have noticed that several brands of B12 have changed recently to very small things that dissolve very fast; my guess is that they all are supplied by one (Japanese?) source. I do wonder if the rapid dissolving weakens their bioavailability.
@Chris
Do you take aor hydroxy b12?

From what you said that doesnt sound good.
Do you know member here who have more knowledge?
I like the old pill better, what i got now seems odd has rough surface. so thats why i ask if its genuine.

Shoshana

Northern USA
I always find that sort of change, very confusing, too.
I don't know that answer, @kisekishiawase

I am sorry for your situation with that.
It is a good idea to ask , here, and maybe in the section higher up, General CFS/ME Discussion, Members only.

I hope someone else has some info for you on it.

Nice to see you.

Chris

@kisekishiawase, I have taken the AOR Hydroxy, but our local stores do not usually stock it, and it is rather expensive. At the moment I am working my way through a Swanson's order of ttheir Hydroxy, Solgar's Methyl, and Country Life Dibencozide (adenosylcobalamin), rotating or taking two together, with a single AOR Advanced B as background. I don't see any need to be consistent about this--humans evolved to eat different things on a daily and seasonal basis. I don't hold this up as a model--just what I am taking now. I just hope these new small format pills are of some use....

@Chris i see. When you use it . Was it like the picture i took? The small purple. Sweet taste.
Im confused why no one posting. Since i know about AOR b12 hydroxy from here. I thought many use it :(

pamojja

Im confused why no one posting. Since i know about AOR b12 hydroxy from here.

AOR is a recommended and expensive company. Personally can't afford it. But would have not much doubt that their ingredients lists whats in it. Expensive companies have more reputation to loose than more affordable.

The only problem with this product I could think of, since it is more expensive than from other companies, is that someone faked it for higher profit. As it also happen with expensive medications especially produced in Asia. Or even bottled drinking water.

There is even the warning on the bottle:

to not use when seal under cap is broken

But there are ways to fake also the seal.

Best way to find out is to contact customer support of AOR with the images, and ask if you could have bought a faked product, or they indeed only have changed their raw material suppliers. You could also ask for a COA (Certificate of Analysis) for this batch number, to see what's really in the pills.

Last edited:
@pamojja thats what im worried about :(
why i ask here.
I already email them but havent got any reply.

Is taking a photo of the batch number enough?
Im unasure.

Years ago i order directly from iherb. cause its more credible. But now its getting harder to recieved imported items :(

Gingergrrl

@kisekishiawase I take Hydroxo B-12/Folinic Acid by "Seeking Health" and it is an excellent product. Their only problem is that they tend to sell out so the product temporarily becomes unavailable (like right now).

I called them and it should be back on the market in a few weeks and they will alert me once it is. They said that next time, they are going to produce a much higher volume b/c this product is so popular. I guess there are a lot of people like me who cannot tolerate Methyl B-12 or Methyl-folate that buy this product.

I have never bought the AOR version so I cannot advise on that one but hoping it is legit and sometimes products do change (and I always call the manufacturer to confirm when this happens).