• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone use Avena Sativa instead of Abilify?

YippeeKi YOW !!

i find ginger quite helpful turmeric gives me bad brain fog so weird
Try some cayenne and ginger .... ginger and turmeric are from the same family, but more like distant cousins than siblings. THe gota kola would be both a circulatory boost and a neuro boost. You could throw in some black pepper for an additional circulatory boost if you dont react badly to it ....

I know. It's frustrating when things that are helpful to a fair number of others totally kick us in the arse. Been there. Hate it .....

andyguitar

intersting! any idea what the other herbs are that you're s'posed to use with it?
Strong circulatory stimulants are: Ginger, Cayenne and Horseradish. Less strong but still effective are: Garlic, Fennel and Lovage. There are many others. When using herbs (or what are sometimes called "medicinal foods") you need to taste them to get the full effect. So taking them in a capsule or tablet is not as effective. But if you cant do it any other way it's better than nothing.

xebex

is this an example of this avena sativa ?
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B003D4D3H2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I dont care if it sounds ridiculous. I have spent many thousands on supplements and meds, i will try one more. And abilify stopped working for me, so i have nothing at the moment that helps.
The Facebook group suggests that life extension dopamind is the only one that works. I took a tincture so that I could start with a few drops, it worked well for one day then no longer had effects. I’d suggest dopamind but maybe dividing doses to start.

MartinK

know anyone FB member Aristea Massaras, who was (I think) first with info about Avena Sativa? Is also here on FR forum? Looks like she do many own research and testing different treatments on herself, if I understood correctly.

YippeeKi YOW !!

Less strong but still effective are: Garlic, Fennel and Lovage.
Fennel is a fairly weak circulatory stimulant, but a decent digestive aid. It's also strongly estrogenic, so .....
When using herbs (or what are sometimes called "medicinal foods") you need to taste them to get the full effect.
I mix up a first-thing-in-the AM "tea" which includes the herbs that I find helpful, whisked into warm water with some stevia. I agree that alerting the body to what's in the mouth may increase or assist its availability, but the jury's still out on whether that's fact or traditional belief ....