• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone Trying Niagen?

ebethc

Liked it, but not worth the cost... clearing up gut issues helped cognition more, plus DHA & astaxanthin

Hi guys,
Just want to know if anyone is still taking Niagen?
How long are you taking it?
Are the effects consistent?
Are you ordering directly from TruNiagen.com or amazon with Truniagen as seller or some other third party site?
I don't have good feeling about the third party sellers in India. I suspect the product is on shelf for a long time.
I desperately want this to work because it worked once in the past and it was amazing.

I tried this with methylation supplements according to chris masterjohn recommendation. But that didnt work as well.

Thanks you.

livinglighter

I began taking Niagen yesterday. I had an immediate response.

I took two capsules with D-ribose powder in the morning. I shortly noticed substantial improvements in mental fatigue and concentration. I took another capsule with more D-ribose midday. It allowed me to leave the house and go shopping which I was having difficulty with. My shopping trip involved a lot of walking and my legs did still feel heavy, so I think this product works more for mental stamina, etc. I also had a sustained flow energy until I felt really tired in the evening. I noticed I also slept better (less waking and increased ability to fall back asleep). I had the reduced need to eat often throughout the day as well.

Pyrrhus

I began taking Niagen yesterday. I had an immediate response.

I took two capsules with D-ribose powder in the morning. I shortly noticed substantial improvements in mental fatigue and concentration. I took another capsule with more D-ribose midday. It allowed me to leave the house and go shopping which I was having difficulty with. My shopping trip involved a lot of walking and my legs did still feel heavy, so I think this product works more for mental stamina, etc. I also had a sustained flow energy until I felt really tired in the evening. I noticed I also slept better (less waking and increased ability to fall back asleep). I had the reduced need to eat often throughout the day as well.

That's great to hear!

Were you previously taking Ribose? Had you tried any other form of vitamin B3 before?

livinglighter

That's great to hear!

Were you previously taking Ribose? Had you tried any other form of vitamin B3 before?

I was previously taking ribose, but not very often as I found the positive effect I used to receive from it reduced a lot following a severe crash/relapse I had earlier this year. I just decided to take both together as I read both contribute towards ATP production or something like that. Thought I’d see what both combined would do.

I was recently taking Niacin B3. With that I flush and probably receive increased blood pressure, as I have low blood pressure. I was taking Niacin B3 with ribose for a while a couple weeks back but it didn’t do anything for me energy wise.

Pyrrhus

I was previously taking ribose, but not very often as I found the positive effect I used to receive from it reduced a lot following a severe crash/relapse I had earlier this year. I just decided to take both together as I read both contribute towards ATP production or something like that. Thought I’d see what both combined would do.

I was recently taking Niacin B3. With that I flush and probably receive increased blood pressure, as I have low blood pressure. I was taking Niacin B3 with ribose for a while a couple weeks back but it didn’t do anything for me energy wise.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
I'm fascinated by people's different responses to the different forms of B3...

(By the way, Ribose works by increasing the salvage of degraded ATP and GTP. So, it's not that Ribose boosts production of new ATP and GTP, rather that it "rehabilitates" degraded ATP and GTP...)

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6

(By the way, Ribose works by increasing the salvage of degraded ATP and GTP. So, it's not that Ribose boosts production of new ATP and GTP, rather that it "rehabilitates" degraded ATP and GTP...)

Thanks for the details on D-ribose. I haven't looked up the exact mechanism.

It's great to hear that people are benefiting from the d-ribose + nicotinamide riboside combination. Finally, along with circumin, earthing and licorice, we have some good palliative treatments to increase activity level while we work on cures.

livinglighter

Thanks for providing the details about D-ribose. I have yet to look up the exact mechanisms as well. just read it has something to do with energy and proceeded from there.

It's great to hear that people are benefiting from the d-ribose + nicotinamide riboside combination. Finally, along with circumin, earthing and licorice, we have some good palliative treatments to increase activity level while we work on cures.

Exactly my sentiment!

Every day I'm so overwhelmed by basic need activity, it's hard to pull myself together to advance on to devising a plan for what may work for me at achieving longterm remission. I'm hoping by adding circumin it will help me do that, so I'll look up earthing and licorice as well.