• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone have success with NAD+ IV infusions?

Pyrrhus

Tried searching the forum but couldn't come up with anything.

Yeah, it's hard to search the forum for a three-letter word like "NAD", but you can also search for "NAD+" or "NADH". I suspect there are threads about NADH infusion somewhere.

There's also the Google Site Search, in the menu at the top of the screen.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, it's hard to search the forum for a three-letter word like "NAD", but you can also search for "NAD+" or "NADH". I suspect there are threads about NADH infusion somewhere.

There's also the Google Site Search, in the menu at the top of the screen.

Hope this helps.

Ya thanks I just used the advanced search and came up with a few. Thanks.

junkcrap50

I have had 20 NAD+ infusions. 10x 1g NAD+ 5 days/week (break Sat & Sun) for 2 weeks. Then repeated the infusions 2-4 weeks later. I did NOT (edit) notice any benefits from the infusions. No negatives from the infusions except side effects during the actual infusion process, which were pretty miserable. The infusions can cause severe nausea, muscle burning, headache, slight trouble breathing, severe malaise, etc. unless done very, very slowly.

Last edited:
I did notice any benefits from the infusions.

Hey thanks for sharing your experience! To clarify did you mean to say that you did not notice any benefits it sounds like?

Eehhh those side effects sound pretty miserable. Might not be advised for severe patients by the sound of it.

Last edited:

Learner1

Hey thanks for sharing your experience! To clarify did you mean you did not notice any benefits it sounds like?

Eehhh those side effects sound pretty miserable. Might not be advised for severe patients by the sound of it.
The every day program usually done with drug addicts to sober them up. It helps get them over the hump of getting off their substance.

I did NAD+ IVs once a week for 2 years. It was 100mg each time. I had similar side effects to @junkcrap50 and had to go at a very slow speed. It did perk me up for maybe 36 hours before wearing off.

I find taking 125-150mg of either NAD+ or NMN sublingually to be much more pleasant and far cheaper. If I take it in the morning, it lasts all day.

junkcrap50

Hey thanks for sharing your experience! To clarify did you mean to say that you did not notice any benefits it sounds like?

Sorry. Significant typo. Correct, I did NOT notice anything from it. My healthy sibling also did it for 5 infusions after I did and also didn’t notice anything either (except side effects during the infusion).

Sorry. Significant typo. Correct, I did NOT notice anything from it. My healthy sibling also did it for 5 infusions after I did and also didn’t notice anything either (except side effects during the infusion).

OK good to note here. Thanks for the clarification. Sheesh bummer to shell out that much on treatment and not see any results but I know how it goes ha.

junkcrap50

OK good to note here. Thanks for the clarification. Sheesh bummer to shell out that much on treatment and not see any results but I know how it goes ha.
I got it for very cheap. I did it at home by myself (a parent is a doctor). So for the NAD+ itself, it cost ~$70-90 per vial from the compounding pharmacy plus from the ~$30 for IV supplies. Couldn’t have spent $700-1000 per infusion at a clinic.

I got it for very cheap. I did it at home by myself (a parent is a doctor). So for the NAD+ itself, it cost ~$70-90 per vial from the compounding pharmacy plus from the ~$30 for IV supplies. Couldn’t have spent $700-1000 per infusion at a clinic.

Huh that's interesting. Nice hack. I'll look into that potentially.

Learner1

Huh that's interesting. Nice hack. I'll look into that potentially.
I spent about the same for the NAD+ part of my vitamin infusions. However, a bottle of NAD+ capsules that lasts 90 days costs about an infusion and a half at those prices.

Additionally, more NAD+ is not necessarily better. If one has mutated cells, it might lead to the proliferation of cancer.

Increased levels of NAD+ boost glycolysis and allow for the quick proliferation of cancer cells.

During these reactions, NAD+ is destroyed. For tumor cells, the high turnover rate of NAD+ is because of the high activity of ADP-ribosylation by PARPs (poly(ADP-ribose) polymerases). Critically low levels of NAD+ in cells causes metabolic collapse and death of the cell. Because of this, the tumor cells need to replenish lost NAD+ molecules via ingestion or biosynthesis.

Biosynthesis of NAD+ involves two important enzymes; Nampt and Nmnat. Nampt converts nicotinamide (NAM) and 5-phosphoribose-1-pyrophosphate (PRPP) to nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN). From this, Nmnat creates NAD by moving a moiety of an adenylyl from ATP to NMN. Nampt is often overexpressed in several types of cancer, such as colorectal, ovarian, breast, and gastric tumors.

It has been found that levels of Nampt are upregulated in some cancers, implicating that it has a role in maintaining NAD+ levels in the cell. The inhibition of Nampt is associated with lethal reductions in NAD+ levels. However, Nampt is also needed in healthy cells, meaning any use in therapeutic settings needs to be thoroughly evaluated for deleterious side effects before use can be widespread.

https://www.news-medical.net/life-sciences/NAD2b-Metabolism-in-Cancer-and-Cancer-Therapies.aspx