• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone experience "oddball" deficiencies that helped when corrected?

sregan

Was wondering if there could be any significant deficiency of something like a Trace Mineral that might need to be restored before making progress? Vanadium, Germanium, etc.? Anyone experience that? What would even the odds of that be? Mostly the Methylation supps seem to live in a set of B's with some Mineral and oil vitamin support. If someone is experiencing issues would it be 99.9% that it's one of these widely known supplements? Also how critical is taking Omega 3's during methlation?

BeADocToGoTo1

Molybdenum was a strange one for me. In hindsight it was microbiome dysbiosis that caused it. It helps metabolize aldehydes, other toxins and breaks down acetaldehyde, which along with ethanol, is a by-product of Candida yeast. I had overgrowths causing molybdenum to be needed more than normal and thus causing deficiencies.

I took it temporarily for about 3 months during the rebalancing of SIBO and Candida phase. Deficiency went away after that.

percyval577

nucleus caudatus et al
It seems that I have in some regions a lack of vit B1, vit2 and biotin. I am improving in first place by a lower manganese diet, very slowly but really nice enough. Now, taking these vitamins helps me after eating, I experience this since two months or so, but stopped for three weeks, so need to look at it further. With protein meals the effect was much greater for some reason. (I must not take vit B6.)

The second thing are metals, here it seems not be a deficiency or an overload, but a misplacement (caused by a high Mn diet in my case after two infections), so redistrubuting them. This as well is strong. Chelating them can be done with lemos (citrate acid is a metal chelator), so I put juice from a lemon into 1l water, drinking it over some time (using a straw, not to decay the teeth). As an intake I eat or drink (milk) chocolate, not a whole bar though, 9-37g. Will investigate later in more detail, so far I am thinking on Cr, Zn, Al, Ni (I take extra Se). Ag also has an effect. (I think this metal thing could be detrimental if other strong influences on the illness would worsen the health.) I take vit B12 with the lemon juice.

On top of my Mn-improvment (ah yea, chocolate contains a Mn-chelator, oxal acid), I think the nerves can come to new or better life only when there is the stuff they need, vit´s and metals.