• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone else in Switzerland? Doctors, Advocacy, RECOGNITION!!!

awol

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone else on this forum is in Switzerland. Have you found a doctor who knows ANYTHING about this condition? Where?

What is happening here to improve doctor awareness and patient rights? As far as I can tell this might just be one of the worst places of all to have this illness.

Jerry S

Hi awol,

eric_s is Swiss. Here's his intro post from May 3rd.

Best wishes,
Jerry

PS: If it's any consolation, there are no doctors in Chicago who understand and treat ME/CFS. There are a few integrative doctors who are sympathetic, but they treat ME/CFS is if it were only general fatigue. I'd have to travel to see an experienced ME/CFS doctor. I'm too sick to do that, and I couldn't afford it anyway. :(

awol

Thanks for the contact Jerry.

I am sorry to hear that things are bad in Chicago too. It really is a lot to ask of patients that we deal with being sick AND with paying for real research AND with educating doctors all at the same time. Craziness.