• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone else a walking storm detector?

Nord Wolf

The Northman
With your mention of liver flare, and the coke helping me with digestion, it brought to memory this product called phosfood by standard process. It helps clear out the liver. So while looking around for it on google I saw this bottle of a different product that has a picture of a lemon on the front, so I checked out the ingredients.

DISSOLVE, DETOX, & CLEANSE: Apple Cider Vinegar helps support the Gallbladder, Liver, and Pancreas on a pH level, to help support a gallstone flush, use as part of your gallstone diet to help dissolve and prevent future stones, be an amazing gallstone breaker, and clean sludge and buildup.

pH & REGULAR BOWEL MOVEMENTS: Chanca Piedra, Turmeric, Lemon & Hibiscus all help support your body in breaking down sludge and debris and moving bile through.

I am not going to buy it because of the vinegar, which is too high in histamines for me, but I think the description of what it does and its ingredients is interesting.
Interesting. I used to drink watered down apple cider vinegar at 1 TBSP to 1.5 C water nightly during autumn and winter. I avoid vinegar in the warm season because it builds too much heat in my body. This winter, for whatever reason, I have not. Nevertheless, I'll have to take a look at the product. Could be helpful for spring cleaning...
My wife and I use the product called EMMA for intestinal health and it seems to do quite well for us both.

Violeta

Type O and allergic to red meat, yep, absurd. I can eat all the pork, chicken, turkey, and fish I want, but red meat creates a digestive allergy. I could eat it, but it causes stress on the body and eventually inflames the digestive tract, so I avoid it. I do quite well with all the white meats, so it works.

I think gall bladder and liver pain are analogous. Liver pains might just spread more than gall bladder. I don’t know.

If your stomach acids are doing fine, I don’t see any issues with drinking club soda with meals. I think it helps release any excess gasses while eating. Baking soda with meals I found in the past to be hit or miss. Sometimes it felt fine, and others, depending upon what foods were eaten, seemed to create extreme pressure in the gut that was painful and took time to alleviate. But club soda I’ve never had issues with.

Yes, on occasion I will get a string of trauma memories from my past employment creep into my dream state and trigger ptsd. Just another one of those absurdities of life, and complications that compound the severe dysautonomia conditions. All “fun and games”, right? o_O
At least you can eat all the other meats, which may be better, anyway.

This is a tangent, but a Chinese lady that knew a lot about traditional Chinese medicine told me many times that stress and trauma are very damaging to the liver. This is going back more than 20 years. Her website is still up. sensiblehealth dot com

Have you ever heard of any reasoning for dysautonomia and ptsd and even vision, too, being so closely intertwined?

Blazer95

..and we built castles in the Sky.
I Always feel better when its going to be Sunny. Its not even Sunny yet and I know its going to be because I'll feel better.

Its so Strange that I feel Like some ancient sun worshipper.

*Ah mighty sun god is good today ahh*

To make this even more confusing i feel worse when i Take Vitamin D, wich you would think is the Key Here. This disease never stops confusing me it seems haha

Nord Wolf

The Northman
This is a tangent, but a Chinese lady that knew a lot about traditional Chinese medicine told me many times that stress and trauma are very damaging to the liver. This is going back more than 20 years. Her website is still up. sensiblehealth dot com

Have you ever heard of any reasoning for dysautonomia and ptsd and even vision, too, being so closely intertwined?
I agree in that stress and trauma are very hard on the liver, but also the spleen, kidneys, and lungs. Depending upon a persons organ constitution seems to dictate which patterns the organs suffer in.

I think much comes down to the vagus nerve disruption. PTSD interferes with the normal HPA-Axis. Trauma registers in the brain/HPA-Axis, creating hormonal release which is sent downward through the neck (literally a bottleneck) into the entire body. The vagus nerve seems to bare the brunt being dead center in that highway. Quite a bit of research points to the vagus nerve disruption not only disturbing all organ functions, but also, over time, damaging the CNS potentially leading to conditions like dysautonomia.

Vision issues in connection to dysautonomia seem just to be a symptom or nerve and circulatory disconnect.

In my case, a very simplistic map could be seen as:

C-ptsd over decades caused damage to the HPA-Axis and Vagus Nerve from chronic and prolonged trauma and extreme stress =

1st pathway - created damage to the CNS = created organ disruption (mainly spleen, liver, lungs) = dysautonomia and numerous physical symptoms

2nd pathway – ischemic event = chronic dilation of small blood vessels in the brain in my case causing extreme vision issues

Of course, both pathways are connected and influence one another, and I’ve had many other physical traumas of severe natures that contributed to the development of dysautonomia and other conditions.

Though to me it seems the biggest connection between ptsd and dysautonomia is the vagus nerve, dysfunctional HPA-Axis, and damage to the CNS.
i feel worse when i Take Vitamin D, wich you would think is the Key Here.
Do you take Vitamin K1 and along with your D? Not at the same time or they hinder one another, but D in the morning and K in the evening? Also, personally I feel energy from the sun directly and even indirect sunlight outdoors is far superior to a supplement that needs to run through our compromised digestive system.

Violeta

I agree in that stress and trauma are very hard on the liver, but also the spleen, kidneys, and lungs. Depending upon a persons organ constitution seems to dictate which patterns the organs suffer in.

I think much comes down to the vagus nerve disruption. PTSD interferes with the normal HPA-Axis. Trauma registers in the brain/HPA-Axis, creating hormonal release which is sent downward through the neck (literally a bottleneck) into the entire body. The vagus nerve seems to bare the brunt being dead center in that highway. Quite a bit of research points to the vagus nerve disruption not only disturbing all organ functions, but also, over time, damaging the CNS potentially leading to conditions like dysautonomia.

Vision issues in connection to dysautonomia seem just to be a symptom or nerve and circulatory disconnect.

In my case, a very simplistic map could be seen as:

C-ptsd over decades caused damage to the HPA-Axis and Vagus Nerve from chronic and prolonged trauma and extreme stress =

1st pathway - created damage to the CNS = created organ disruption (mainly spleen, liver, lungs) = dysautonomia and numerous physical symptoms

2nd pathway – ischemic event = chronic dilation of small blood vessels in the brain in my case causing extreme vision issues

Of course, both pathways are connected and influence one another, and I’ve had many other physical traumas of severe natures that contributed to the development of dysautonomia and other conditions.

Though to me it seems the biggest connection between ptsd and dysautonomia is the vagus nerve, dysfunctional HPA-Axis, and damage to the CNS.
That makes sense. With respect to the HPA-Axis, I always knew the adrenals were affected by it but I never thought about the possibility of the adrenals possibly being part of the cause of the disruption. Eye opening.

My dysautonomia is nearly as bad as it had been right now, but I have a homeopathic for the HPA Axis that I will try when symptoms flare. I am tempted to start taking it right now, but that might interfere with trying to see what the lemon/sodium bicarb can do.

Last night I read a study about sodium bicarbonate being useful for dental/gum issues. You can make a rinse using about 1/2 tsp in 250 ml of water and rinsing 3 or 4 times a day with it.

The pancreas is supposed to supply bicarbonate to the small intestines, and now I'm wondering if I have a problem with my pancreas. If anyone knows more about that, I would appreciate hearing what you know. I think the lack of bicarbonate from the pancreas might also explain problems with oxalates, because bicarbonate does neutralize oxalic acid.

Take care, and praying for all of us for relief. Your strength is an encouragement to those of us following along.

Violeta

Flat on my back, wondering why, and thought to check barometric pressure. We're in a very low pressure system here in eastern PA today.

Nord Wolf

The Northman
Flat on my back, wondering why, and thought to check barometric pressure. We're in a very low pressure system here in eastern PA today.
I partly grew up in the mountains of PA... long time ago.
Yes we have had low BP for weeks. Today we are at 29.28. It has been ranging between 29.03 to 29.40. I can't wait until we get back up over 30!
The first two photos are out my window yesterday morning after we got 10 inches of snow. The third and fourth photos are of today. And we are to get another 6-8 inches this Saturday. Typical early spring in the northern mountains of VT.
20240319_093306.jpg

20240319_093320.jpg

20240320_103529.jpg

20240311_103625.jpg

Violeta

The snow is beautiful. We haven't been getting much snow here for the past couple of years, and it's hardly ever deep enough for sledding. Ponds haven't frozen over well enough for skating for quite some time, either. I have to admit that I don't mind it being warmer.

Your low pressure is much lower than even the extreme dip earlier in the day that we had here, 29.57. It got very windy and that helped a lot. By the morning it's supposed to be up to 30.

I had theorized that humidity might have something to do with the effect it has on me, but humidity was down this morning.

What it does to my breathing is really strange. It feels like I have to consciously control it. Surely the lemon juice and baking soda isn't helping this symptom.

Nord Wolf

The Northman
The lowest I’ve seen out pressure here is 28.03. That happened with a storm this past December. It has dropped that low many times over the past handful of years, but that was the most recent.

The lowest I’ve ever seen was on a military ship in the Atlantic near a hurricane a bit over 30 years ago. The pressure had plummeted quickly from over 30 to 26 point something… can’t recall the exact number beyond 26.

No real humidity here today. 35 mph winds, 18 inches of fresh snow, and 14 degrees with partial sun. This Saturday we are to get another foot of snow fall. But the pressure is 29.30 today and I’m really gutted, again. My system has a really difficult time with constantly shifting weather anymore. It never used to bother me, and I still love seeing it, but my body has lost the ability to handle it and remain stable inside.

Nord Wolf

The Northman
Our pressure today... unfortunately all too common drops like this for us... and I'm feeling it in every cell. It is still dropping too. Down to 28.96 right now. VT has some of the biggest pressure drops in the country.

BP.jpg

Last edited: