• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anyone been to UAB or know someone that has? (Jared Younger)

Belbyr

I don't live too terribly far from him, about 2.5-3 hours. I watched his recent speech at the NIH and I believe along with him, that these brain scans mights actually be a diagnostic tool for ME/CFS. I really wish I could get scanned just to see if there is anything going on.

Billt

I took my son there for a scan. They were super nice and believe they are really trying to find answers.
However after repeated attempts to get any results they never contacted me back like they said they would.

That was awhile back so maybe things are different now

Billt

I tried several times with them . always told they would get back with me. i don't think there was anything out of the ordinary, maybe that's why I never got anything. But do think they are trying and doing valuable work.
We need all the research we can get.
My son continues to decline with new and different symptoms every few weeks. But nothing goings away.
We are self treating to the best of our knowledge at the present