• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anybody find Anti-inflammatories help on gcmaf

vortex

Since inflammation on gcmaf is uncomfortable and often determines the limit of how fast someone can heal, has anyone tried anti inflammatory supps to help lower it ?

I am waiting on my nagalase results and starting gcmaf soon.

The top of my list is serrapeptase, since it digests dead tissue and junk that gcmaf may generate and also is a potent anti inflammatory.

Also things like

Turmeric
Grape seed or resveratrol
Msm
Omega 3
Omega 7
Astaxanthin

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Since inflammation on gcmaf is uncomfortable and often determines the limit of how fast someone can heal, has anyone tried anti inflammatory supps to help lower it ?

I am waiting on my nagalase results and starting gcmaf soon.

The top of my list is serrapeptase, since it digests dead tissue and junk that gcmaf may generate and also is a potent anti inflammatory.

Also things like

Turmeric
Grape seed or resveratrol
Msm
Omega 3
Omega 7
Astaxanthin

Yes, I find that anti-inflammatories help. I use a high dose of curcumin and also berberine, but others should work too.

Many also find that a histamine blocker helps too.

Best,
Sushi

vortex

got my nagalase results back ........ 2.20

now I need to decide between oral like bravo or injectable ?

thoughts anyone ?

Sushi

got my nagalase results back ........ 2.20

now I need to decide between oral like bravo or injectable ?

thoughts anyone ?

Personally, if I had nagalase that high I'd use injectable as it is likely to have a more systemic effect.

Best,
Sushi

vortex

thank you sushi, I am actually a bit scared of herxing when taking gcmaf. In the past, I have been so senstitive to die off and herxing and detoxing.

Maybe I will start out with a yogurt so I can start slowly and then recheck nagalase level and then move on to the injectable. maybe starting slowly with yogurt can avoid over-herxing.

Sushi

@vortex

I didn't get herx with GcMAF--in the first months there would be one day a week when I felt extra tired--then that effect passed.

I think the most common problem is inflammation. With either form it is good to start with quite a low dose--particularly if you don't have experienced medical supervision.

Sushi