• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anthocyanin C-3-O-G Supplementation Ameliorates Metabolic Insulin Resistance via Restoration of NO-Mediated Endothelial Insulin Transport 2021

pattismith

https://doi.org/10.1002/mnfr.202100742

Cyanidin-3-O-Glucoside (Chrysanthemin) Supplementation Ameliorates Metabolic Insulin Resistance via Restoration of Nitric Oxide-Mediated Endothelial Insulin Transport

What is already known is that
-Anthocyanin improves insulin resistance.
-Endothelial insulin resistance impairs NO associated microvascular vasodilation: this produce less insulin transport to muscle and brain.

The Anthocyanin they tested is this one:

Chrysanthemin - Wikipedia
Natural occurrences
Chrysanthemin can be found in the roselle plant (Hibiscus sabdariffa, Malvaceae), different Japanese angiosperms,[1] Rhaponticum (Asteraceae),[2] The fruits of the smooth arrowwood (Viburnum dentatum, Caprifoliaceae) appear blue. One of the major pigments is cyanidin 3-glucoside, but the total mixture is very complex.[3]

In food
Chrysanthemin has been detected in blackcurrant pomace, in European elderberry,[4] in red raspberries, in soybean seed coats,[5] in Victoria plum,[6] in peach,[7] lychee and açaí.[8] It is found in red oranges[9] and black rice.[10]

It is the major anthocyanin in purple corn (Zea mays). Purple corn is approved in Japan and listed in the "Existing Food Additive List" as purple corn color.

Rufous McKinney

What is already known is that
-Anthocyanin improves insulin resistance.

I recently super beefed up my purple food intake.

Anti- blood stagnation. There are lots of intense purple foods (red, orange purple) all of which can be used to in my opinion. Dragon fruit for instance. (reminder: get some purple potatoes)

For the time being, I am using ACAI. Feel guilty, as its shipped in. And beefing up some other local berries. Which I just wasn't eating much of, I don't eat alot of fruit, due to my shaky status pre Type 2.

My gut and digestion has been ALOT better.

LINE

Anthocyanins are a powerful class of polyphenols. They are powerful antioxidants; it is oxidative stress that damages the cells.

I credit polyphenols for a good bulk of my recovery, I use more than anthocyanins.