• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ANABOLIC STEROIDS FOLKS?

At literally 500x the normal human limit like most bodybuilders, sure, no holds barred in terms of side effects at that point haha. But yeah I guess. The last PubMed article that I read only went up to five times the normal human limit and I didn’t note any bubble gut side effects. That was years ago though and I’ve been too lazy to read much more about it since. :pem:

Hd-x

Yeah, some BB inject really like mad.
Lenny mentioned it somewhere how much stuff he daily inject, drinks, eats and so on
I dont remember exactly how much HGH it was, but it was a lot and he must be busy all day long with injections and eating a ton. :woot:

Last edited:
I know that testosterone has side effects that one wouldn't want. But instead of testosterone, why not just take HGH instead? From the studies I've read, even when participants were taking 5x the normal human amount, there weren't really any side effects aside fluid retention. HGH has pretty much the same benefits as testosterone too. Has anyone considered this or looked into this before?

TRT has very few side effects when done right. I think realistically cost also plays a large role. Testosterone has been around forever, is well tested and can easily be synthesized. The process for artificial HGH wasn't discovered until the mid 80's and is still very expensive. In the US you would be looking at 30$ a month for testosterone and 1000$ for HGH. Of course it depends on dosages, your insurance etc, but HGH is more difficult to get a prescription for and 20-40x the price.

I'm not saying you shouldn't try HGH of course. I think the chance of you getting a bubble gut is minimal at reasonable doses. If I had a subsidized source of pharmaceutical grade HGH I would happily give it a try.

Hd-x

The bubble gut risc is neglectable at reasonable dosages, the thing is still that such dosages will mostly not make any life changing improvements for most CFS/Me sufferers and still for a very small CFS subset it may work (like studies show)
There may be better therapies for the bucks, out there.

knackers323

When I tried it in my 20s I got benefits on .2-.3 iu day
Recently at 39 I was taking 1iu with some benefit, the last week I took 2.5iu per day and was able to start excersis inf again. Then I ran out

It was a different brand 15-20 years ago also, so maybe that accounts for some difference in effective dose

junkcrap50

HGH makes a noticible difference to me and I've heard it does for many cfsers also
Yes, Dr. Cheney has reported that HGH supplementation has helped some CFS patients. Not sure if he did a brief study on or just reported clinical observations.

Hd-x

Not sure if he did a brief study on or just reported clinical observations.
As far as I remember Cheney used it low dose with just only 0.2 mg IM Q/week. HGH was still one small part in his whole CFS treatment regime. The whole treatment regime contained ~20 different drugs.

Last edited:

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I know that testosterone has side effects that one wouldn't want. But instead of testosterone, why not just take HGH instead? From the studies I've read, even when participants were taking 5x the normal human amount, there weren't really any side effects aside fluid retention. HGH has pretty much the same benefits as testosterone too. Has anyone considered this or looked into this before?

Testosterone is alot cheaper and is safe if used correctly and one is monitored. Hgh is expensive and its main side effect is diabetes. If you ask a bodybuilder or power lifter if you coukd only pick one out of testosterone and hgh for strength and recovery etc 99% would say testosterone.

Testosterone is alot cheaper and is safe if used correctly and one is monitored. Hgh is expensive and its main side effect is diabetes. If you ask a bodybuilder or power lifter if you coukd only pick one out of testosterone and hgh for strength and recovery etc 99% would say testosterone.
Bodybuilders would say test. But I think a greater number of powerlifters would say HGH

Hd-x

HGH is effective for powerlifting if stacking it with Testosterone (or derivates) and/or insulin - however, HGH is expensive and most wouldn't consider such a cylce any cost-effective. They usually stack Testosterone with tren/dbol/halo/oxy and so on. Tren is good for strenght gains, it also burns fat - if a powerlifter wants to gain fast much weight (+strenght), they will use Test/Oxy stacks or whatever so, they are a lot off combinations depending on the(ir) goals.
At high competition levels HGH will be used (together with steroids),
nevertheless, I agree to @heapsreal If you ask a bodybuilder or powerlifter 99% would pick steroids.

Last edited:
Have currently taken Anadrol (Oxymetholone) 50mg for two weeks now, and outside of non-sustainable 'recreational' drugs it's the best medicine I've currently tried. My arms and legs no longer feel like soft jelly mush, but have tightened up back into my non-severe state of feeling like they're actually there. I can now hold my head up for several minutes, can again lift things with one hand instead of two, and going to the lavatory is no longer a massive ordeal, but feels as easy as it was before being severe, aka not something to actively dread.

The side effects when taken in 4 doses throughout the day to spread out the half life were, high blood pressure for 4 hours after dosing, acid reflux, appetite suppression, insomnia and frequent awakenings with night sweats. Due to the latter I switched to a single morning dose which reduced the sleep-related side effects down to near nil, and I can actually spring out of bed 5 seconds after awakening (which I've never done in my life).

As a male, long term effects will be the testicles not producing their own testosterone, and without an aromatising anabolic on top, will mean that low levels of oestrogen could be a problem. The former could be helped by doing a Post Cycle Therapy session where you take a SERM for the amount of time you took the steroid, or just deciding to take the steroid ad infinitum; the latter oestrogen problem could be solved by switching to/alternating with/adding an oestrogenising steroid like testosterone or if sticking with orals like Dianabol.

For females, Anadrol is one of the least androgenising steroids around, at ~40% that of testosterone, but also one of the most anabolic, meaning the best bang for your buck, both literally and figuratively.

In short, I am definitely going to keep on with it due to the huge changes in quality of life improvements, and cannot go back to life without it.

https://thinksteroids.com/steroid-profiles/anadrol/
https://insidebodybuilding.com/anadrol/
https://thinksteroids.com/articles/post-cycle-therapy-pct/

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Have currently taken Anadrol (Oxymetholone) 50mg for two weeks now, and outside of non-sustainable 'recreational' drugs it's the best medicine I've currently tried. My arms and legs no longer feel like soft jelly mush, but have tightened up back into my non-severe state of feeling like they're actually there. I can now hold my head up for several minutes, can again lift things with one hand instead of two, and going to the lavatory is no longer a massive ordeal, but feels as easy as it was before being severe, aka not something to actively dread.

The side effects when taken in 4 doses throughout the day to spread out the half life were, high blood pressure for 4 hours after dosing, acid reflux, appetite suppression, insomnia and frequent awakenings with night sweats. Due to the latter I switched to a single morning dose which reduced the sleep-related side effects down to near nil, and I can actually spring out of bed 5 seconds after awakening (which I've never done in my life).

As a male, long term effects will be the testicles not producing their own testosterone, and without an aromatising anabolic on top, will mean that low levels of oestrogen could be a problem. The former could be helped by doing a Post Cycle Therapy session where you take a SERM for the amount of time you took the steroid, or just deciding to take the steroid ad infinitum; the latter oestrogen problem could be solved by switching to/alternating with/adding an oestrogenising steroid like testosterone or if sticking with orals like Dianabol.

For females, Anadrol is one of the least androgenising steroids around, at ~40% that of testosterone, but also one of the most anabolic, meaning the best bang for your buck, both literally and figuratively.

In short, I am definitely going to keep on with it due to the huge changes in quality of life improvements, and cannot go back to life without it.

https://thinksteroids.com/steroid-profiles/anadrol/
https://insidebodybuilding.com/anadrol/
https://thinksteroids.com/articles/post-cycle-therapy-pct/

That's good that you are responding well. It could be helping in many ways. Androgens are stimulating in themselves, which you have found. Increase in muscle mass from extra protein synthesis will help strength and endurance. Anadrol is really good at increasing glycogen storage which will help energy and some oral anabolics increase creatine storage too which helps in short term energy production. It also increases red blood cell counts so it can increase oxygen supply to your muscles.

Some questions and thoughts I have, firstly do you know your testosterone level before you started anadrol? Sometimes if used for short periods of time like 4 weeks, you won't shut down your natural production much.
Using it long term can cause excess fluid retention and high blood pressure as well as increased haematocrit, so if it's going to be a long term think, it's very important to manage.
Honestly it's probably pointless going off and on plus orals are the worst for your health like and kidney function and haematocrit.
If you are constantly monitored by a Dr if may work well but most knowledgeable people will direct you to injectables that are mostly safe. But preventative measures especially if on orals would be to use nac 600mg twice a day. If you need extra estrogen, consider 50-100mg of dhea can work well.

It's a great sign androgens are going to help you. I'd do it differently not saying you Do it. Get on testosterone enanthate, if a ugl source get it tested. 100mg/wk is a normal trt but 250mg would serve you better. Time will tell what's the best result.
My next pick because its effective and low in sides in deca durabolin, it can help with minor aches and pains. 125-250mg/week. Many guys worry about prolactin on deca, but start on vitamin b6 100mg twice a day can help.
I do better on low doses on test and higher deca. So 75mgT and 125mg of deca for a trt plus program. I keep it as my main cycles and if I want to go up I increase the deca upto 250-500mgper week and test at 75-100mg. Others find highT than deca better. I've never had an issue with the way I run it.

I think the main reason they help is they treat pots in many ways. The other thing, even if you're a fatty type cfser like me, you still lose muscle mass, so increasing muscle mass to a normal or good level can help with daily living and burns extra calories so can help you to lose wt/body fat.

Just some perspective, TRT is 100-250mg per week. Bodybuilders take well over 1000mg and some as high as 3000mg.
So when you read of the side effects of steroids and how bad they are. Remember they are probably taking 30 times the dose you take for trt.

Just be careful with long term use of oral anabolics. They can work well on days you need to do things.

Cheers👍