• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

An evening with Jennifer Brea and Megan Moodie – Talking about chronic illness, care, and Covid – January 14, 2021

nyanko_the_sane

Because everyday is Caturday...

Join Academy-Award Nominated Filmmaker Jennifer Brea and anthropologist and writer Megan Moodie for an evening of conversation and reflection on chronic illness, the global crisis of care, and Covid-19.

As the numbers of the chronically ill grow rapidly worldwide due to what is being called “long Covid,” there is much to be learned from the experience of those who were grappling with the effects of difficult-to-diagnose, understudied, and invisibilzed diseases long before the appearance of the novel coronavirus. What do the experiences of the chronically ill teach us about how to survive – not just physically, but emotionally and socially – in the face of huge knowledge gaps and medical disbelief? How can patients separated by vast distances and often unable to engage in traditional political organizing join together to demand answers and treatment? What do patient voices tell us about how the organization of medicine needs to change in order to better serve the well-being of us all?

Virtual Event!
January 14, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm PST

Last edited:

YippeeKi YOW !!

Can we get this somewhere later? I missed it!
DAMN !!!! I did too, this is the first Ive ever seen this thread .... the universe apparently hates me ....
Here is a link to the talk as requested.
Oh @nyanko_the_sane , thank you thank you thank you !!!! Nyan nyan ....
Embarrassingly I slept through the entire event. I find that I sleep through a lot things these days.
Not a bad reaction considering the general insanity and weirdness that, although diminishing, is still swirling around us like a thick, sickly mist ....

nyanko_the_sane

Because everyday is Caturday...
Not a bad reaction considering the general insanity and weirdness that, although diminishing, is still swirling around us like a thick, sickly mist ....
And here I though 2021 would be a good year. Things will still be swirling for at least another year.