• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Aggressive Rest Therapy: My Experience

Resting in bed for 15+ h sounds like ART to me? Unless you are still doing things during the rest.
Most of it is lying in a dark, quiet room. It's a little boring, but I don't hate it yet, lol. A big chunk of the time is regular bedtime sleeping hours, and the other hours are broken up, so it's not bad at all. (oops, it's probably closer to 14 hours.)

ART seems very interesting overall, a lot of success stories as far as ME treatments go, but somehow no interest in it in recent times..
It is interesting, at least I'm interested. I couldn't escape rolling PEM and it was getting worse, and this feels like the answer.

I just had my worst crash ever and am trying to get out of it using ART. Same type of thing, literally lying in bed the entire day with minimal phone use, only get up to use the bathroom and eat meals in bed.
I'm so sorry about your terrible crash and hope it's getting better. I remember reading your post about it. It sounds pretty scary. Wow, you're REALLY doing ART. I hope you get good results soon. Keep it up. I hope it's not too boring for you. It will be worth it.

Thanks for commenting on this post/thread. I'd heard about it, and wanted to see it, so I'm happy you brought it to the surface.

I'm the opposite; I feel worse if I sleep (if I can get to sleep) during the day, and then can't get to sleep at night. Knocked the afternoon napping on the head years ago. I would love to see a video of me sleeping as I think I must be running a marathon in bed given how awful I feel when I wake up.

I always feel awful upon waking and require several hours to "recover" - i.e., return to my normal tired state. Haha - My husband and I call it, "resting up from resting up."