• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Adverse effects of Cannabis.

Sledgehammer

I appear to have walked into a minefiled here. I hope I didn't plant the first mine. :oops:

Anyway. Here in the UK it's illegal, simple as that.
I know it's legal across the pond in many states and in Canada. OK I get that.
We have CBD products here and I tried the oil in a hope it would work for me, it didn't (Although the face cream smells delicious)

Now the dope smoking issues. Yeah I've tried it, the last time was in the mid 90's, but it makes me feel unwell. This new(ish) skunk has a sickly smell I cannot stand. Hell I couldn't even stand the pong from the lebanese stuff back then.

Should It be legalized here in the UK?, dunno to be perfectly honest. All I can say is this, whatever floats your boat. It's not for me, perhaps it works for you. Good luck!

Last edited:

Rufous McKinney

Now the dope smoking issues. Yeah I've tried it, the last time was in the mid 90's but it makes me feel unwell. This new(ish) skunk has a sickly smell I cannot stand. Hell I couldn't even stand the pong from the lebanese stuff back then

I could not stand some CBD extract I got. I"ve tried it a few times, and I was averse. Smelled really awful.

I can't tolerate smelling neem.

Or cumin.

Sledgehammer

I could not stand some CBD extract I got. I"ve tried it a few times, and I was averse. Smelled really awful.

I can't tolerate smelling neem.

Or cumin.

The stuff I got is grown in the UK and had a light 'weed' smell about it. £300 or around $400 US later and I didn't feel any benefit. Perhaps my brain / gut needs to be shut down for 6 months and studied, I really don't know. Perhaps I should have tried the oil over 12 months, who knows.

What we did try some years ago was what we all know as a space cake, or moon cake as it's sometimes called....We couldn't operate at all after scoffing the chocolate dope laden delight. We wandered around like zombies all day, pain free, giggling like children, but still in a zombie like state. That's no good for me. I like to be alert 120%.

That experiment proved a lot. Weed in any form, for me, wasn't going to work for this illness. :pem:

Last edited:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Cannabis businesses operate with cash, are unable to use banks. THere have been discussions of starting a state bank enabling them to use banks.
I have a medical cannabis card and go to a state dispensary. We can pay with a debit card or with cash but not with a credit card.
I’ve merely witnessed considerable casualties involved in eating it, as you have no control over the dosage unless your in control of the dosage. So its a guaranteed bad time if you do more than a tiny amount and your not used it
I get chocolate bars which are scored into small squares so that it is easy to calculate the dosage. For me, one mg of Indica will stop (in about 15 minutes) the dreadful physical symptoms I get when when I have really overdone it. I don’t take it often but when I take to get out of that “death spiral” I am very thankful.

Rufous McKinney

For me, one mg of Indica will stop (in about 15 minutes) the dreadful physical symptoms I get when when I have really overdone it. I don’t take it often but when I take to get out of that “death spiral” I am very thankful.

Yes , thats a great use of it, and you can control the dose. That is the advantage of the commercial tested stuff, you can trust the dosages.

I use a 2.5mg thc type mint and it really helps some difficult eye symptoms. Also slows/arrests a type of death spiral...I understand what you mean.

IThinkImTurningJapanese

We live in a society together and as part of that we have put in place leaders and committees (government and agencies) to help keep each other safe. Products are approved by appropriate agencies and those taking them shouldn't be in a "caveat emptor" situation in a first world country.

I took a civics class as well.

But what we're doing here now, is debating the merits of the current choice to relax the prohibition of cannabis.

Cannabis is one of the least harmful substances that mankind has chosen to consume for recreation. It would be a shame to continue to perpetuate the Reefer Madness of the last century. We are truly much more intelligent today, thanks in part to venues such as this. ;)

Sledgehammer

I've merely witnessed considerable casualties involved in eating it, as you have no control over the dosage unless your in control of the dosage. So its a guaranteed bad time if you do more than a tiny amount and your not used it.

I'm the cheapest date in town. I'm floored by half a beer.

I sprinkled small amounts in the cake mixture before baking it just to make sure I wasn't over doing it.
Having tried some of this cake in the past I knew a large amount of hash would make me vomit.
The pain free experience was good, it's the stuff in the skunk that had me concerned.

Sledgehammer

I was enlightened today about what exactly makes up CBD oil.
So after my post about it not working for me it appears to be 100% incorrect.
I didn't try it long enough and it was probably the wrong oil in the first place.
Will find out more tomorrow and post my findings, unless someone else can fill us in here.

Rufous McKinney

I was enlightened today about what exactly makes up CBD oil.

I"ve got this magazine here from some shop my husband brought back thats like a Treatise on ALL forms of it, how to use it, how to dose, how to not overload....its remarkably handy.

I should dig it out and see if it exists online somewhere.