• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Adverse effects of Cannabis.

Sledgehammer

The whole country of Canada is pretty much a clinical trial right now since it is legalized here. ;)

It's everywhere. Viewing stock options i've come aross a lot of medicinal cannabis companies.
And many will have contracts in health services across the Western world sooner or later as I understand from reading what their future goals are.

But 'weed' itself won't be legalized here in the UK from what's No:10 are saying.

Abrin

It's everywhere. Viewing stock options i've come aross a lot of medicinal cannabis companies.
And many will have contracts in health services across the Western world sooner or later as I understand from reading what their future goals are.

But 'weed' itself won't be legalized here in the UK from what's No:10 are saying.

One of the reasons it was legalized in Canada is because the government knew that people would continue to use it whether or not it was legal and that keeping it illegal was just allowing organized crime to make money to fund their operations.

So I can't say that I mind much about what medicinal cannabis companies future goals are. In my opinion, it is better that then allowing organized crime's to continue to make their blood money.

Rufous McKinney

In my opinion, it is better that then allowing organized crime's to continue to make their blood money.

huge environmental problem.....illegal grows in the woods. HUGE HUGE problem

but now they want to milk legal stuff for Tax purposes. Its a weed, and its too expensive and: illegal grows are still in the woods.

Medical is now Max retail.

Abrin

huge environmental problem.....illegal grows in the woods. HUGE HUGE problem

but now they want to milk legal stuff for Tax purposes. Its a weed, and its too expensive and: illegal grows are still in the woods.

Medical is now Max retail.

Oh, it is definitely a hard balance to try keep the price cheap enough that people won't keep going to the black market. Canada has been having a hard time with it for sure.

Sledgehammer

One of the reasons it was legalized in Canada is because the government knew that people would continue to use it whether or not it was legal and that keeping it illegal was just allowing organized crime to make money to fund their operations.

So I can't say that I mind much about what medicinal cannabis companies future goals are. In my opinion, it is better that then allowing organized crime's to continue to make their blood money.

The government here know this too but refuse to make concessions.
We have what's called County Lines dope dealers. They use kids on their bikes to deliver it.

I agree about the organized crime being stopped but we have a diminished Police force who are struggling to keep up. Every arrest will only make the dealers more determined to try new tricks and continue.
It's like playing an endless game of Whack-A-Mole.

Abrin

I agree about the organized crime being stopped but we have a diminished Police force who are struggling to keep up. Every arrest will only make the dealers more determined to try new tricks and continue.
It's like playing an endless game of Whack-A-Mole.

That is why it is so important to have it legalized. The less people who buy from organized crime the less money organized crime have to work with. It slowly helps make a change without having to fully lean on police to make change happen.

Rufous McKinney

That is why it is so important to have it legalized. The less people who buy from organized crime the less money organized crime have to work with. It slowly helps make a change without having to fully lean on police to make change happen.

legal now in Mexico, as of a few weeks ago- not sure what that means at the moment. They did that to reduce the cartel activities.

but we have a diminished Police force who are struggling to keep up. Every arrest will only make the dealers more determined to try new tricks and continue.

In this general area of the US, the taxes include major funding for compliance and enforcement, including the very very remote enforcements. They funded game wardens and wildland repair teams for illegal grows.

the idea is the illegal grows should decline...

the testing and cleanliness of the legal sanctioned stuff is a good thing, generally speaking.

Sledgehammer

That won't happen here.

Sledgehammer

In this general area of the US, the taxes include major funding for compliance and enforcement, including the very very remote enforcements. They funded game wardens and wildland repair teams for illegal grows.

the idea is the illegal grows should decline...

the testing and cleanliness of the legal sanctioned stuff is a good thing, generally speaking.

We have had successive governments who are stuck in their ways. They are anti-fun (If you can call dope smoking fun that is) It's a system that isn't really open to change. But you never know. if they smell the money I'm sure they'd think it over, then again perhaps not.

As for dope growing, I think most of it is imported into the UK. The stuff grown here is done on a small scale compared to the US. We can barely grown a potato outdoors in some parts as the weather is so unpredictable.

Rufous McKinney

As for dope growing, I think most of it is imported into the UK. The stuff grown here is done on a small scale compared to the US. We can barely grown a potato outdoors in some parts as the weather is so unpredictable.

what as that British movie? It was- Most Entertaining. To keep the manor intact, broke heiress decides to grow marijuana in the orchid greenhouse.

Half the town got wind of it.

Sledgehammer

what as that British movie? It was- Most Entertaining. To keep the manor intact, broke heiress decides to grow marijuana in the orchid greenhouse.

Half the town got wind of it.

I don't recall that movie, sorry. (Head fog has depleted my memory movie library)

You can grow it in a greenhouse, that's until the cops with a heat sensor on their helicopter fly over then come and raid your home. :wide-eyed:

Booble

Not a big fan because of the very unpleasant physical effects for some people. I also am not a fan of legalization at this time because of it's...umm....sedating....factor on young adults. In the US right now we need our young people to be more ambitious, more thinking, rather than less.

I realize a sea change is happening but personally I think the country is going to regret the legalization because of the unintended consequences on society. We (the US) is already pretty screwed up and my prediction is that adding marijuana into the mix is going to worsen that.

Rufous McKinney

The movie about a British lady growing marijuana is:

Saving Grace....2000

Its a must see British Comedy. Its really good. Famous actress....perfect casting.

(I had to look it up)

Abrin

Not a big fan because of the very unpleasant physical effects for some people. I also am not a fan of legalization at this time because of it's...umm....sedating....factor on young adults. In the US right now we need our young people to be more ambitious, more thinking, rather than less.

The United States (as well as my country) is already currently struggling with a huge opioid overdose crisis.

Abrin

I realize a sea change is happening but personally I think the country is going to regret the legalization because of the unintended consequences on society. We (the US) is already pretty screwed up and my prediction is that adding marijuana into the mix is going to worsen that.

In my humble opinion, sending people to jail for cannabis related crimes isn't going to help fix a lot of America's problems either.

Abrin

Right. So why add to it with easy availability of more substances?

Remember prohibition? People are going to smoke it anyway. Why make criminals of people, especially those who are using it for medicinal reasons?

Booble

In my humble opinion, sending people to jail for cannabis related crimes isn't going to help fix a lot of America's problems either.

I support decriminalization for recreational use and legalization for medicinal reasons.
No making criminals of people. Just like I'm not a criminal when I drive over the speed limit.

I also think that for medical reasons, it should be distributed via prescription and pharmacy like every other medical Rx. Why special "dispensaries" if it's truly for medical reasons?

Seems all logical to me but I realize my viewpoint is currently not popular.