• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Adrenals

Heartl

I have been having a problem the last couple of years that when I lay down to fall asleep I will almost be asleep when I get a sudden adrenal surge that I feel in my chest and my brain. It wakes me up completely. It only last seconds and makes me feel sickish and then goes away. Especially during the day if I want to take a nap. It’s some kind of an adrenal rush.
I was wondering if my hormones or blood pressure drops so my adrenals have to kick in.

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Do you get tingly and faint with that and do you feel it more when you lay on your right side?

I used to get something somewhat similar that I personally called "spiral down." Whenever I turned over onto my right side in bed, I would get those symptoms above and it would feel like all my strength was quickly spiraling down like water down the bathtub drain. I would always have to roll back to my left side right away. It was a scary feeling.

Heartl

I have felt tingly at various times but not always.

There are times when I cannot sleep on my right side because it makes me feel faint.
I’m wondering if my blood isn’t pumping right.

I’ve had every test imaginable and everything comes back normal
Did you do anything specific to get better or did it just go away on its own?

sb4

I used to have this too, it was awful. As I drift off suddenly a huge adrenaline spike and my heart is pounding even harder. I only had this when at my worst however.

Springbok1988

This has been happening to me, lately. I just got on here to ask if others have experienced this and saw this post. It has been happening nightly for about a week now. It keeps me from getting any sleep until about 2 am each night. I thought I’d try Ativan tonight to see if it would help but, alas, here I am at 12:30 am looking for a solution. I am about at the end of my rope with this disease.