• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Abilify alternative, Why it stops working for some & Mechanism of Action for ME/CFS

leokitten

TCA side effects seem way more risky to me, serious effects on your heart, very anticholinergic even though it’s the best of the TCAs that’s not saying much.

Desipramine is an at it’s most an NRI, so safer alternatives are atomoxitine or bupropion? Don’t ppl think it helped certain ppl because it raised their BP and helped correct ME nervous system circulatory and heart issues?

I’m not going to try it because I’m doing very well right now on second cycle of low dose abilify + moclobemide. Don’t want to fuck that up.

@Hipsman Interesting theory but I think there are a lot of potent antibacterial agents people with CFS have tried without success. I don't think Abilify and Desipramine are more potent of all those agents in terms of antibacterial activity.