• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

6 BOOKS THAT HAVE MADE IT EASIER TO LIVE WITH M.E.- THE CHRONIC ELEPHANT

hellytheelephant

My latest Blog is about books about Chronic Health, that have been well thumbed over the years. Believe me, I have tried a lot of others that have been either unhelpful/too complicated, or just plain wrong!

My first two choices relate to ME/CFS...and the others could be equally useful to anyone living with long term illness. One of the best things both Mr Elephant and myself have got from these books, is the sense that we are not alone. I can particularly recommend' The Technicolour...' and 'How to be sick', for finding ways of coping with changed and depleted relationships.
https://thechronicelephant.blogspot.com/2019/08/6-books-that-have-made-it-easier-to.html
p8.png
p5.jpg

My latest Blog is about books about Chronic Health, that have been well thumbed over the years. Believe me, I have tried a lot of others that have been either unhelpful/too complicated, or just plain wrong!

My first two choices relate to ME/CFS...and the others could be equally useful to anyone living with long term illness. One of the best things both Mr Elephant and myself have got from these books, is the sense that we are not alone. I can particularly recommend' The Technicolour...' and 'How to be sick', for finding ways of coping with changed and depleted relationships.
https://thechronicelephant.blogspot.com/2019/08/6-books-that-have-made-it-easier-to.html
View attachment 34225View attachment 34226
I read your article.... so good! What a lovely person u are.

@hellytheelephant, this was my first time reading your blog (I'm relatively new to PR), and I really enjoyed this (and other) posts. I love the combination of humor and wisdom that you write with! I just finished Chocolate & Vicodin over the last week, and it was a good recommendation :).