• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

3 ways your body generates energy

fishboy9320

Feel free to correct me I am just learning and want to know more.

Your cells need three essential components which generate energy in order for the cells to function properly. One of them is COQ10 which is the main and biggest one. Without it and the two others your cells will not work properly therefore your body will be stagnant and slowly diseases come and the healing process is inhibited. COQ10 can be made from something else in the body which I don't remember but this process is slow (due to not requiring co-factors) but it mainly comes from two essential amino acids tyrosine and phenylalanine. In order for COQ10 to be made from these it is essential for its co-factors to be present which are B vitamins. Without them COQ10 can almost not be made at all. And without COQ10 B vitamins can not function at all in the cells because it needs a backbone like COQ10 to drive the process.

The other one is Carnitine which is derived from the essential amino acids Lysine and methionine which also needs B vitamin's enzymes to be made and vitamin C to function.

And last one is from D-Ribose which is made from carbs you eat but I'm not sure it if requires B vitamins, probably not. The body has multiple ways of generating energy in case one of them stops working efficiently, say due to food deficiency or something. These all help generate ATP our energy in the mitochondria cells and keep the body going. This process slows down as you age a little bit which has a huge effect.

D Ribose has a short half life so I suggest supplementing with its precursors (different types of carbs / glucose that stay longer in the gut) instead of it directly so you have a longer constant effect.
https://www.nutraingredients-usa.co...ine-CoQ10-combo-to-boost-energy-sans-caffeine

Last edited:

Wishful

There are a lot of other components to cell function and energy generation, and they all need to work together properly. It's certainly not as simple as marketers imply in their 'this will boost your energy!!!' ads.

ahmo

I used DRibose for a time. I think it pushed me into a psychotic episode, which is called delerium, since it was on off. Also, it would still be years until I found a pathway to correct my chemistry with the proper supps. I came to think the ribose was a poor choice for something that needed finesse. For me that was Freddd's protocol.

fishboy9320

Carnitine shuttles medium-chain triglyceride which MCT Oil (found in coconut oil) contains a lot of into the mitochondria for energy. They are absorbed more easily and used better than the longer length chain fatty acids found in most protein fat foods like OMEGA 3.

Lipid emulsion or fat emulsion refers to an emulsion of lipid for human intravenous use, especially catering critically-ill patients that cannot consume food and administer their required nutrients enterally. Also there is GLUCOSE (dextrose pure) and PROTEIN injections.

SODIUM GLYCEROPHOSPHATE helps turn fat, protein and carbs into energy.

essential and non essential fatty acids

https://www.metabolics.com/blog/how-does-the-body-produce-energy

During glycolysis, the conversion of glucose to pyruvate, there are no vitamin derived coenzymes used. Many of the enzymes on this pathway use Mg(2+) as a cofactor. However, magnesium is defined as a mineral, not a vitamin.

Last edited:

fishboy9320

Lipid Metabolism https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipid_metabolism#Lipid_catabolism
thioctic acid etc infusion solution
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatty_acid_metabolism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipid_emulsion

Amino acid solutions are used in combination with a sufficient number of energy sources (glucose, electrolytes, fat emulsions). Orally protein is separated into their amino acids before absorption from the gut into the blood system.

And also Iodine for thyroid metabolism function. And B VITAMINS.

L-Carnitine is an antioxidant, which helps your metabolism by turning fat into usable energy. It works with CoQ10 — L-Carnitine delivers oxygen and fatty acids to cells; CoQ10 converts them into energy.

Both L-Carnitine and CoQ10 support the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), which stores and delivers energy for almost everything you do. Yet, your body’s ability to produce these vitamins diminishes with age. CoQ10 is available through food, but is easily destroyed by cooking and processing. Likewise, L-Carnitine relies on other amino acids and vitamins for synthesis into your body.

ON TOP OF WHAT I GET FROM FOODS. I spread out the dosage of my supplements like vitamin C throughout the day to avoid side effects. You can also pour the vitamin C into water so the acid goes away then drink it. When you take vitamin c which is acidic on top of your stomach acid it can cause issues.

Also if you can't find a supplement in injectable form look for one that has the thing your looking for as an attachment to it which will give you it in some quantities all be it small. Or other ingredient. It will be in the name after.

Your body can make certain proteins from fat and carbs and it priorities some over the others like collagen, it will only make collagen as long as it deems it is necessary and will not make any other type of proteins. That includes these energy giving proteins. Even if you give yourself a hefty dose at once you can't force your body to work if it doesn't have what it needs to work.

I can get it from food but not supplements. its bad for everything. The cheaper products always have cheaper ingredients. The ingredients are never identical. Take a look sometime, even at the store brand vitamins. They are not the same as brand name vitamins from gov-run-partnered big company pharmacies. Food from store taste different than those you grow in backyard or further away from cities. etc

Last edited: